Connect for Health has a great opportunity for a Policy Analyst.
Connect for Health Colorado is a public, non-profit entity established by the Colorado General Assembly in 2011 to create a health insurance Marketplace. Since 2013, we’ve been helping individuals, families and small employers compare plans, apply for financial help, and buy health insurance. As Colorado’s official health insurance marketplace, we are the only place to apply for financial help to lower the monthly cost of premiums. Customers can shop online; get help by phone or online chat from Customer Service Center representatives; and access expert help from a statewide network of certified Brokers and community-based Assisters. Our mission is to increase access, affordability, and choice for individuals and small employers purchasing health insurance in Colorado. For more information: ConnectforHealthCO.com
The Policy Analyst, as part of the Policy & External Affairs Department under supervision from the Public Affairs Manager, will perform a wide range of support on policy and legislative issues, including advocacy, education, research, and analysis. The Policy Analyst will work on a variety of health policy issues to assist Connect for Health Colorado in meeting its organizational mission.
- Provides analytical skills to research, compile, and prepare written summaries, analyses, and other background materials on diverse topics affecting the organization including complex provisions of the ACA, state-specific health insurance exchange legislation and policies, and federal regulatory guidance.
- Under the direction of management, develops policy options and recommendations around healthcare reform issues affecting the organization resulting from research, analysis, and interpretation to support the organization’s policy decision-making process.
- Prepares presentations for a variety of audiences.
- Reviews, analyzes, and translates complex regulatory information to deliver recommendations for practical operational implementation.
- Works towards becoming a subject matter expert to provide policy consultation to internal process owners on all areas of Affordable Care Act (ACA) eligibility policy, including specifically Qualified Health Plans (QHP), Advanced Premium Tax Credits (APTC), Cost-Sharing Reductions (CSR), and Special Enrollment Periods (SEP).
- Write official policy recommendations and opinions based on legislative and regulatory analysis.
- Leads tracking and analysis of upcoming state and federal legislation; researches and drafts recommendations to inform leadership and Board decision-making around impactful legislation.
- Works as part of the Policy & External Affairs team to accomplish organization’s goals and objectives as outlined in the 2021 – 2024 strategic plan and public policy agenda.
- Collects data and conducts on-line literature searches.
- Works on significant and unique assignments of diverse and complex scope, developing solutions which require a high degree of ingenuity and innovation, as well as independent judgment, to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Manages constituent and partner agency escalations.
- Updates internal teams on upcoming federal/ state updates and their impacts to the organization.
- Works with compliance team as lead from Policy Team answering PALS questions.
- Fosters relationships with external partners to further our mission and strategic plan. • Coordinates legislative fiscal note, analysis, review, coordination, and comment submission.
- Supports Public Affairs Manager in Board Advisory Group coordination, planning and presentations; present to and facilitate BAG discussions.
- Supports Public Affairs Manager in coordination, planning, content development, and presentations for the annual CoverCo conference.
- Represents Connect for Health Colorado in meetings with external partners, including assisters, brokers, and county partners.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in public health, public policy, research and evaluation, health administration, or public service roles, preferably in healthcare or health insurance.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of key components of the ACA, health policy, and the health insurance industry.
- Basic knowledge of federal and state legislative processes, including budget and amendment procedures.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and problem-solve; a self-starter that can drive toward results independently.
- Detail oriented and the ability to reason logically and formulate ideas and opinions as well as ability to handle multiple priorities. Ability to work in a fast-paced workplace, adapt to a continually evolving environment.
- Committed team player with exceptional interpersonal, problem-solving, and communication skills with ability to develop and maintain cooperative and productive work relationships.
- Desire to work for a mission driven organization.
- Experience with public speaking and providing presentations.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to oversee multiple complex projects with competing deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build trust.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Colorado resident.
- Currently working remotely
- The Connect for Health Colorado office is in the North Tech Center area of Denver, near the intersection of I-25 and I-225
- Work schedule may include some non-traditional hours, weekends, and evening events.
- Core office hours, typically 8am-5pm with some flexibility
To Apply: Please apply on our Career page at http://bit.ly/C4hcoHiring
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.