Currently seeking a Flooring Estimator to join our team. We offer multiple flooring solutions and turnkey installation of products from the finest suppliers and brands. Our clients benefit from this unbiased approach. We built our business on superior customer service, field performance, and bringing in our scope on time. The candidate must be able to communicate with vendors and clients in order to efficiently analyze cost estimates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Use of various software programs and computer-based blueprints (such as RFMS, Measure, etc.)
- Create area take-offs for different material types
- Generate cost estimates for commercial builders
- Communicate with material suppliers for cost & availability
- Analyze costs for upgrade product installations and custom designs
- Prioritize multiple immediate tasks - coordinate with other team members to meet the needs and expectations of clients
- Identify potential installation problems based on plans, products or requested designs
- Required skills for the position:
- Commercial flooring experience
- Knowledge of floor covering installation (carpet, tile, wood, and vinyl) is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook/Word/Excel) - Heavy Excel usage - formulas, tables, etc.
- Blueprint understanding/reading
- Advanced math skills
- Familiarity with square feet / square yard dimensions
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Possess professional and thorough communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment & shift direction quickly
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Commercial flooring – Residential/Multi-Family
- Knowledge of RFMS, Measure, and the ability to read/understand blueprints.
- Bilingual - Spanish is a plus but not required
- This is an in office/on-site position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
- Ability to travel to jobsites
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- Visits to job sites
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.