A certified Woman Business Enterprise, Civil Design, Inc. is a civil engineering firm of 100+ team members committed to building stronger communities in the markets we serve. Areas of focus include site development, surveying, transportation, water resources, infrastructure & analytics, and structures. This year Civil Design Inc. will be celebrating its 26th year in business and has offices in Effingham, IL, Jefferson City, MO, Louisville, KY and St. Louis, MO.
CDI has a strong family-oriented culture with the drive to build stronger co-worker, client and local communities. Guided by the values of continuous learning and growth, first time quality, mutual trust and respect, ownership and responsiveness – CDI offers a spirited team atmosphere driving quality engineering and strong client relationships.
- Design and management of treatment, wastewater collection, and water system conveyance facilities.
- Prepare grant applications, facility plans and coordinate with private and public stakeholders to secure project funding specifically for small and medium sized systems.
- Ability to assist on water resources and resiliency aspects of multi-disciplinary projects for integrated water resources planning and watershed master planning.
- Design improvements to wastewater treatment facilities to meet environmental regulations. These include wastewater lagoons, package plants, biological and mechanical treatment processes.
- Mentor and develop engineering team members, specifically in environmental and wastewater engineering.
- Managing water, wastewater, and reclaimed water supply through planning, modeling and permitting
- Be a key point of contact with clients, contractors, and local government officials.
- Work collaboratively with CDI managers, and other Project Engineers to develop effective solutions.
- Proficiency in XPSWMM, WaterGEMS, SewerGEMS and WaterCAD
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience with HECRAS, HECHMS, PondPak, HY-8
- Experience with GeoPAK Drainage
CDI is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be eligible to work in US.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil/ Environmental Engineering from a four-year college or university; PE required
- 10+ years’ Experience
- Professional Engineer, licensed in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky or Missouri with design experience with a focus on water resources
- Knowledge with preparation and review of Engineering Plans and Specifications to ensure that all aspects of project implementation are clearly conveyed
- Experience with hydrologic, hydraulic, and groundwater software
- Experienced in working with both governmental, and private clients in Missouri, Kentucky, and Illinois