The Submittal Coordinator is responsible for efficient and accurate control and data management of project submittal documents and O&M documents, assuring that contracted product submittal deadlines are met. The ideal candidate is someone with previous construction experience, who understands the bidding process and job costs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes contract-related electronic product submittals and O&M Manuals for each project contracted through all procedural steps with well-defined procedures and guidelines
- At the request of customers, orders physical samples from vendors to be packed together in-house as a submittal package and shipped out where necessary.
- Maintains the electronic and/or physical submittal files for each project consisting of, but not limited to: shop drawings, samples, product data, technical specifications, MSDS, returned approvals, revise and resubmit requests, product changes and notifies the appropriate internal departments of any necessary information changes
- Responsible for submittal status tracking and approval follow-ups
- Reviews, processes, initiates, and replies to routine incoming and outgoing correspondence related to the area of responsibility
- Assist with any alternate company shipping needs, scheduling, packaging, etc
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- MUST be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc)
- Have previous construction experience (flooring experience a plus)
- MUST be Detail-Oriented, highly organized, and a quick learner
- Must have exceptionally ACCURATE data input skills
- Work independently, as well as part of a team
- Demonstrates self-motivation, maturity, and interpersonal skills
- Possess professional communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize different tasks
- Experience with RFMS software
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.