In collaboration with the health care team, the Nurse Practitioner provides primary health care to patients. This individual will conduct diagnostic evaluations and prescribe appropriate treatments while utilizing evidence-based research within the scope of standards of practice for Advanced Practice Registered Nurses.
· Demonstrate thorough knowledge of and supports the hospital’s mission, vision, and values.
· Demonstrates and maintains a thorough understanding of Federal, State, Local Laws and CMS/JACH Accreditation standards.
· Assesses patient health by interviewing patients and performing physical examination including obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
· Determines abnormal conditions by ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays and lab studies and interpreting the results.
· Establishes rapport with the patient and encourages them to talk frankly and candidly about their health issues.
· Communicate clearly and compassionately with the patient.
· Demonstrates solid interpersonal skills.
· Strong base of physiological knowledge and analytical skills.
· Demonstrates professionalism as a courteous member of the medical team.
· Confidence to function independently.
· Documents and updates patients record via EMR.
· Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and the skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient, neonate through geriatric.
· Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patient and family.
· Maintains pleasant ‘bedside manner’.
· Able to motivate self to develop and improve clinical skills.
· Maintains safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
· Develops healthcare team staff by providing information, educational opportunities and growth.
· Documentation meets current standards and practices.
· Is knowledgeable of all emergency codes and emergency preparedness procedures and understands his/her role in response to each of the emergency codes.
· Completes annual education requirements.
· Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
· Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated timeframe.
· Attends annual review and department in-services, as scheduled.
· Attends at least 50% staff meeting annually, reads and returns all monthly staff meeting minutes.
· Understands performance improvement concepts.
· Demonstrates adherence of patient safety goals in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
· Demonstrates protection of patient confidentiality and privacy in accordance with hospital policies.
· Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling/assignments, and offers assistance to others when assignments are completed.
· Demonstrates utilization of resources when unable to complete assignments in accordance to policies and procedures.
· Demonstrates completion of all assigned job duties in accordance with hospital policies, procedures, standards, and/or protocols.
· Provides input for departmental hospital change/improvement.
· Recognizes signs of child or elder abuse and reports appropriately to Child/Adult protective services.
· Recognizes and reports safety and environmental hazards/violations/follows proper hospital procedure.
· Responds per hospital and department policy in emergent situations.
· Demonstrates and understands the EORH Code of Conduct.
· Complies with all organizational policies and procedures regarding ethical business practices.
· Performs other duties as assigned or required.
· Participates actively and positively affects the outcome of customer service activities.
Education and Experience:
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
· Graduate from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
· Must have a current and valid license as a Nurse Practitioner issued by the state of Ohio.
· Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Licensure.
· National Provider Identifier (NPI)
· Current provider card in Basic life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS); PALS provider card as required by department and facility.
· Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Minimum of 2 years of family medicine experience.
· 1-2 years of experience in Nurse Practitioner role preferred.
· Recent graduates are also encouraged to apply.
· Must be highly motivated and willing to assume additional jobs and duties as needed.
· Must be able to handle stress of working efficiently with frequent interruptions and distractions.
· Must be able to prioritize tasks and adhere to strict deadlines.
· Frequent sitting, standing and walking
· Occasional twisting, reaching, grasping, bending, pulling and pushing
· Occasionally lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds • Occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals, infections and ionizing radiation
· Occasional requirement to wear Personal Protection Equipment