**MUST BE ABLE TO WORK BOTH LOCATIONS**
PREFERRED SKILLS: Experience in childcare
SUMMARY: The Child Care Worker is responsible for the safety, supervision, and positive experience of each child in the childcare and/or children’s activity programs within the club while parents are in the facility.
VISION: At Four Seasons, our employees should exhibit a passion for “transforming lives” and work to create a “healthier community” among members and staff. They should provide member satisfaction within the Association’s mission: “to provide social, physical, and recreational activities and services for members and their participating families.” Employees should also understand, accept, and embody Four Seasons’ core values through actions, behaviors, and work performance.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintain active focus on the children in one’s care, providing warm, energetic attention and consistent direction to all children.
- Communicate clearly and supportively with parents regarding children’s needs, behavior, and related issues.
- Complete daily programs and activities planned for each level of childcare as defined for various programs.
- Accurately complete procedures for registration, daily participant sign-in/out, cleanliness, illness of children, and collection of childcare cards.
- Clean and sanitize toys and play items, equipment, and furniture within the childcare areas utilizing proper safety precautions to perform required tasks.
- Work as a team member with Child Care staff to provide a high level of service to members.
- Communicate effectively with other staff members, and management, to assure delivery of a strong program within established policies and procedures.
- Attend all required meetings and staff trainings throughout the year.
- May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide member satisfaction within the Association’s mission: “to provide social, physical, and recreational activities and services for members and their participating families.”
- Understand, accept, and embody Four Seasons’ Core Values and Vision through actions, behaviors, and work performance.
- SMILE and provide a positive environment for all members, staff, and guests.
- Previous experience working with children is preferred.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Current CPR/AED certification is required within 30 days of hire and to be maintained throughout employment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to visually and auditorially monitor participants’ activities, safety, and well-being.
- Ability to lift, hold, carry and guide infants and small children and to be physically involved in directed play activities. Physical demands vary with the ages of children and types of activities involved.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the facilities, including the second floor and basement.
- Ability to communicate effectively with members, management, staff, and others in person, by telephone, and in writing.
- Display a passion for health and wellness
Have to be able to function regularly within an exercise, recreation, and office setting. Is regularly exposed to smells of swimming pools and exercise areas. Frequently works varying hours and days. Occasionally travels around the community to companies and organizations. Is occasionally exposed to bodily fluids or demanding physical exertion during emergency response situations; risks are minimized by adherence to established safety procedures.