Currently seeking a Project Coordinator to add to our team to grow, maintain and manage the day-to-day flooring business of builders, developers, project managers and remodeling contractors. This includes cold calling, relationship development, site visits, “one on one” meeting, product presentations, order and proposal creation, job management and accounts receivable follow-up if needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish work schedules and routines so as to maintain an acceptable level of sales and profit for the specific type of business they are involved in
- Routinely communicate and interact directly with the Branch Manager, Installation Supervisor, installers as needed and comply with store and company policies and guidelines
- Maintain the cleanliness and professional appearance of the store and the associate’s specific office
- Oversee the administration, follow-up and the ultimate satisfaction of the customer
- Active involvement in ensuring timely and accurate material ordering, billing, job completion and collection of accounts receivable when needed of customers the individual is responsible for.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff, store meetings and industry training opportunities
- Promote and enhance customer relations
- Communicate errors and omissions, as well as offer ideas and feedback for improved company procedures to Branch Manager
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of previous sales experience
- Associates Degree preferred
- Proven experience in accurate measuring and estimating
- Basic computer or typing skills needed to review and produce as needed, to record entries, calculate and produce documents as required
- Ability to understand and execute basic math skills; understand percentages, fractions, decimals, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Basic computer knowledge including Outlook.
- Can effectively communicate with, direct and coordinate the activities of all personnel conducting activities related to the customer and the placement and progression of an order related to the customer
- Good organizational skills and follow-up routines
- Able to interface with peers, all store personnel, suppliers and installers
- Well-developed knowledge of floor covering products, their installation and the general workings of the flooring industry and the construction industry
- Experience and comfort with service issues and claims resolution
- Ethical Conduct.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.