Seeking a Retail Project Coordinator to greet, engage and consult customers on their flooring needs, be their trusted flooring advisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- To listen to the customer, identify a solution for their flooring needs, consummate a sale and take payment for that sale per established credit policy.
- To facilitate all communications, logistics and other transactional items on an order, regardless of type or size, so as to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- To grow retail business via relationship development and follow-up.
- To prospect for business opportunities: Referrals, Real Estate Agents, Owner Builders, Remodelers, Insurance and Restoration, Leads and Past Customers.
- Meet or exceed company’s established standards.
- Work in a team-oriented office / sales and warehouse environment
- Develop an understanding of the company, accounting and credit policy and job management
- Support and leverage company’s strengths in product offerings, policies and procedures
- Organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2-3 years of previous sales experience
- Flooring industry knowledge preferred
- Basic computer skills including Outlook
- Above average math skills (percentages, fractions, decimals, addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication)
- Be a team player, treat all peers equally with respect and equal attention to needed functions
- Be willing to help and consummate a sale of any size
- Must be willing to hold yourself accountable for your own performance and openly admit personal mistakes
- Must demonstrate effective problem-solving skills
- Must be willing to teach and assist others to improve systems and processes
- Need to be driven to perform and always trying to improve personal performance
- Must be open and willing to attend all training classes offered
- Treat all suppliers and vendors with honesty, respect and integrity for the good of the overall team
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.