FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Supplier Quality Engineer II develops new suppliers, as well as investigating, analyzing, and resolving supplier quality issues by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects.
- Works with Procurement to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented.
- Resolves supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply.
- Maintains and updates critical supplier audit system and schedule.
- Conducts supplier audits to drive process standardization, waste elimination, and continuous improvement.
- Monitors, communicates, and improves key supply chain KPIs.
- Establishes specific short/long term supplier quality goals.
- Champions problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers.
- Aids suppliers in developing new processes, process changes, and new products for FNA.
- Leads supplier performance improvement projects to increase supplier capability of consistently meeting FN requirements. Projects may include process analysis, value stream mapping, process capability and throughput analysis, 6-Sigma, 5S, and Kaizen events.
- Drives “zero defect” mentality within the supply base.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Quality, or related field required.
Seven years in Manufacturing, Quality, and/or Supplier Quality with experience leading functional or problem-solving teams is required.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional skills required to perform this job include:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Understanding of project management
- Knowledge of various quality system methodologies such as 8D, Lean, 5 Why’s, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, DFMEA, PFEMA, PPAP, etc., preferred
- Proficiency with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
Green Belt certification preferred.
Typical office environment with some travel between buildings and to other locations required. May be exposed to loud noises, toxic chemicals, and dangerous machinery when on the plant floor. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor