The role of Installer is responsible for completing floor covering installation, maintenance, and repair, at the journeyman level. Responsibilities include maintaining, repairing, and applying various covering materials to floors, walls, and cabinets. Types of materials include shock-absorbing, sound-deadening, and decorative coverings. Upon completion, work is inspected for compliance and competency. The selected candidate will be independently responsible for routine repairs on site, as needed. Overtime may be required for high priority work or emergencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Complete tasks in accordance with blueprints and sketches.
- Contribute to general maintenance activity.
- Disconnect and remove jobsite obstacles, such as household appliances and light fixtures – excluding natural gas and propane appliances.
- Estimate, measure, and cut carpets, other flooring materials, and foundation materials.
- Perform installation of floor and wall coverings as per manufacturer guidelines, industry standards, and jobsite specifications.
- Prepare surfaces for installation or repair of hard surface flooring, tiles, and vinyl.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED required
- One or more year(s) of related experience preferred
- Some college preferred
- Ability to understand blueprints, sketches, & visual guides
- Industry Knowledge – methods, materials, tools, and techniques
- Strong understanding of safety measures and potential occupational hazards.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain a professional appearance as per company policy.
- Must possess the ability to stand for extended periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to safely navigate jobsites; to handle blueprints, sketches, paperwork, and other documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 50 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of materials and documents.
- Local travel required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General jobsite conditions
- Jobsite environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.