This temporary position ( 3 months)will report directly to the Director of Employer Engagement in the Mayor’s Office of Workforce Development. The primary responsibility of the Business Services Representative is to support the Fiat Chrysler Automotive (FCA) expansion in Detroit by identifying qualified job seekers. The Business Services Representative will be responsible for facilitating large-scale screening and resource events across the city to provide Detroit residents with access to FCA hiring information and connect job seekers with relevant supportive services. The Business Services Representative will work closely with the Employer Engagement and Business Services teams as well as other DESC partners to ensure a high-quality experience for FCA and Detroit residents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide excellent customer service to employers and job seekers.
• Collaborate closely with Business Services, Employer Engagement, and other key stakeholders.
• Match job seekers with identified employment opportunities based on qualifications of job seekers and requirements of open positions.
• Communicate job matches to relevant job seekers and/or their career advisors with instructions on how to apply.
• Provide job seeker feedback and coaching through resume review, mock interviews, education around employer expectations and requirements, and constructive feedback from employers.
• Compile, organize, and share complex data, including developing effective and timely methods for communicating employer needs and hiring trends to key partners.
• Coordinate large-scale screening and resource fairs across the city.
• Other duties as assigned.
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and organizational skills.
• Must have excellent computer skills and knowledge of relevant software; i.e., basic HTML functions, MSOffice Suites
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of customer information and records according to legislated and policy requirements.
• Must demonstrate ability to work with Workforce Development Board and other key stakeholders, federal, state, community organizations, and political affiliates.
• Must be able to gather information, problem solve and assess situations, plan and organize.
• Must be flexible and able to adapt in fast-paced, changing environment.
• Must have demonstrated knowledgeable of current local employment conditions, business practices, state/federal regulations governing workforce development programs and activities.
• Must have ability to meet deadlines for the completion of required activities.
• Must have ability to plan, coordinate and execute large-scale events with multiple stakeholders.
Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Career Counseling, Human Services, and Public Administration or possess equivalent work experience in lieu of. A minimum of 5 (five) years of progressively more responsibility, as well as complex business services work.
Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License – Position requires field work.
Background check and drug screen required.