POSITION : Executive Assistant to Judicial Vicar FLSA: Non-Exempt
SECRETARIAT: Judicial Vicar STATUS: Part-time
The Bishop of Manchester is the visible principal and foundation of unity in the particular diocese entrusted to him. In a unique and visible way, he makes Christ’s mission present and enduring as Shepherd of the Christian Community. In order to fulfill his mission, the Bishop employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them the apostolic mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them.
Each position employed in the Diocesan Administration Building helps to extend the ministry of the Bishop in particular ways as outlined in the position description. All employees of the diocesan administration assist the Bishop of Manchester in serving the parishes, schools and institutions of the Catholic Church in New Hampshire.
This position reports to the Judicial Vicar/Vicar for Canonical Affairs
RESPONSIBILITIES: This confidential position supports the objectives of the Office of Canonical Services and the Judicial Vicar through a variety of duties including preparing documents and reports, completing special projects, database management, written correspondence, responding to email/phone inquiries, reading and responding to written memos and inquiries, maintaining calendars, monitoring project deadlines, maintaining meeting minutes and records, and maintain records of communications received.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists the Judicial Vicar/Vicar for Canonical Affairs by preparing, submitting, and maintaining canonical documents and related documentation; and preparing other correspondence, legal documents, and reports
2. Prepares documents and resolutions for church law governance and compliance
3. Maintains Judicial Vicar/Vicar for Canonical Affairs and Canonical Services files and completes filing projects including electronic records management
4. Safeguards the confidentiality of all documents and information received and maintained in the course of their work.
5. Responds to telephone and electronic inquiries and/or makes referrals to appropriate parties
6. Schedules appointments, maintains calendar, and monitors deadlines to ensure that all projects/tasks are completed in a timely manner
7. Arranges meetings and conferences, including travel, room materials, and notices, meeting space, audio-visual equipment, and catering services
8. Prepares expense reimbursements and billing vouchers
9. Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously and follows through on issues and other matters in a timely manner
10. Records and publishes meeting minutes and tracks follow-up actions
11. Completes projects and assignments as directed by and in support of the Judicial Vicar/Vicar for Canonical Affairs
12. Regular hours needed would be Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays - 8 hours per day.
1. Provides support for the Bishop and other Cabinet Secretaries and Department Heads, as necessary
2. Greets visitors and provides receptionist services as needed
3. Perform other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BA in business or Paralegal desired
- Minimum of 5 years in paralegal or secretarial field required
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and database management
- Strong organizational skills and committed attention to details
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, work well under pressure and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent telephone, written communication
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and must display good judgment
- Ability to interact and maintain positive relationships with clergy, religious and laity, both within the Diocesan Administration and outside (parishes, schools, other institutions, and general public) in a knowledgeable and tactful manner
Due to the nature of this position, it is required that the incumbent be a practicing Roman Catholic who is registered and active in a parochial or religious community.
The venue of this position is a general office environment that is clean, well-lighted, environmentally comfortable, and only minimally exposes employees to office solvents limited to those relative to copier equipment.
Due to the nature of this position and work with confidential information, work from the Diocesan Administration Building generally is required but remote work may be approved for a brief duration with approval of the Judicial Vicar/Vicar for Canonical Affairs.
This position requires the ability to:
1. Position requires working at desk seventy-five percent of workday; balance of time divided between standing and walking
2. Lifting/carrying of objects weighing up to ten pounds required
3. Reaching above, at or below shoulder level required
4. Frequent hand manipulation to operate controls required
5. Other physical activity generally not required
6. Prolonged use of a computer and/or typing