On a typical day, our Financial Analysts provide a variety of analytical, administrative, and database support to our Asset Management Team. This might include reviewing income statements, balance sheets, and financial statements as well as uploading information into our systems. We have experienced enormous growth across our affordable housing and market-rate conventional portfolios, so our Financial Analyst must be quick-witted and adaptable to change, as well as be willing to jump in and help out your teammates when needed. Do you want to join a team where you can experience the creativity and flexibility of a small lender, with all the capabilities of a large institution? If yes, then apply TODAY!
In one year as a Financial Analyst, you will know you were successful if you…
- develop and maintain your financial statement analysis abilities and have a detailed understanding of reporting requirements for the loans within the team’s Asset Management portfolio.
- are able to spread and analyze financial statements in Excel and/or the System of Record.
- assist Asset Manager(s) with onboarding of loans, escrows, and covenants.
- support Asset Manager(s) in the tracking of required financials from Borrows & Guarantors.
- assist with monthly portfolio billings and escrow issue resolution.
- provide loan and escrow histories as requested by clients.
What we are looking for…
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. A high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution accepted with 1 to 3 years of relevant professional work experience with an emphasis in financial analysis, general loan administration, and/or real estate development financial management
- Strong analytical skills for reviewing and analyzing financial statements.
- The ability to use Microsoft Office & Outlook
- Strong time management and organizational skills and a detailed approach to completing daily tasks.
Merchants Capital was established in August of 1990 as a mortgage banking firm specializing in multifamily housing and healthcare facilities finance. With extensive experience in these types of finance, the company is a premier provider and servicer of Multifamily, Affordable, Healthcare, and Student Housing. Our mission is simple: to provide the best origination and service of our loan and investment products with exceptional customer service, accuracy, creativity, speed, and conformance to regulations.
Merchants Capital Corp. (MCC) has originated and closed more than $14 billion in financing and now services more than $10 billion. MCC’s primary source of funding is the secondary market of federally chartered agencies and the federal government and tax credit equity investors.