Earn great money while serving the community!
At Devon Bank, we believe that if you care of your community, your community will take care of you. We are a full service community bank located in one of the most diverse areas in the country.
Our mission has always been to be the bank that the neighborhood needs—to tailor its service offerings to the particular wants of the community. This means that in addition to offering business and personal banking, commercial, real estate and mortgage loans, trust and international services, electronic banking services from online banking and bill pay to ATM/Debit Cards and Mobile Banking, we also offer customized products, such as faith based financing.
In addition to a high level of professional service, our service is personalized to the individual needs of our customers and our communities. Unlike many larger banks, there’s no “one size fits all” when it comes to banking services from Devon Bank. We know our customers and understand and meet their needs!
We are searching for a Mortgage Loan Originator to add to our team. If you are an effective originator in the mortgage industry with a desire to succeed and help customers, then Devon Bank is the place for you! In addition to a rewarding career, we also provide a competitive compensation package, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Here are some details on the responsibilities:
- The Loan Originator will proactively solicit new residential mortgage loans in order to meet established loan quality and production goals.
- He or she will develop and maintain a strong network of business relationships to ensure a recurring source for mortgage loan referrals. This network could include realtors, mortgage professionals, builders, and other professional and personal contacts
- The growth of this network will be accomplished by regularly participating in business-related development opportunities, community events, partnering with community leaders and interacting with professional organizations.
- Distribute promotional and marketing information throughout the Chicagoland and surrounding communities
- Arrange and present educational workshops at community events. This will include some weekends and evenings.
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of two continuous years in a mortgage origination position, with experience generating self-sourced business
- Ability to travel to potential business sources throughout the Chicago area
- S.A.F.E. Act licensing required
- CRA experience a plus
EOE AA - Devon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at HumanResources@devonbank.com or you may call us at (773)-465-2500.