The basic function of the Warehouse Supervisor is to organize and manage personnel performing all aspects of warehouse operation. This includes receiving product into the warehouse, organizing the product and preparing it for delivery to customers and/or installers as well as maintaining the overall cleanliness and appearance of the entire store facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain the cleanliness and professional appearance of the store interior and exterior.
- Oversee the maintenance of all warehouse racks and equipment and report any need for repair to the Branch Manager.
- Maintain the carpet “color wall” and pallet displays consistent with company guidelines.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department with the approval of the Branch Manager.
- Establish work schedules and task lists for the warehouse staff.
- Ensure that all members of the warehouse staff comply with store and company policy, specifically as it relates to the dress code and professional appearance.
- Supervise the receiving, storage and staging of material consistent with company warehouse procedures.
- Participate in regular staff meetings with other store department heads for the purpose of monitoring and improving store performance.
- Promote customer relations by ensuring that entire warehouse staff interacts professionally with customers.
- Ensure that safety procedures and practices are followed by all members of the warehouse staff.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Valid Driver’s License, Forklift Certification, and First-Aid Certificate required
- Advanced College or trade school degree preferred
- Three years warehouse experience preferred
- Capable of using analytical and observational skills to oversee and direct the functions necessary for the operation of an efficient and organized warehouse facility.
- Basic computer skills needed to review and produce as needed, to record entries and produce documents as required, to handle the inflow and outflow of store inventory.
- Can effectively communicate with, direct, coordinate and control the activities of all personnel conducting activities in the warehouse.
- Able to interface with installers and all other store personnel.
- Well-developed knowledge of floor covering products.
- Basic knowledge of safety and hazard communication programs applicable to the store operation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand, walk, sit, squat, bend, climb, reach, and turn as required to operate equipment, interface with staff and customers, and oversee operations stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds; frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
- Must follow company policy with regard to dress and otherwise maintain a professional appearance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Warehouse environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.