The basic function of the Warehouse Staff is to perform all aspects of the warehouse operation at the direction of the Warehouse Supervisor. This includes receiving product into the warehouse, organizing the product and preparing it for delivery to customers and/or installers as well as maintaining the overall cleanliness and appearance of the entire store facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Basic computer skills needed to review and produce as needed, to record entries and produce documents as required to handle the inflow and outflow of store inventory.
- Can effectively take direction from the Warehouse Supervisor and Branch Manager.
- Able to interface with installers and all other store personnel.
- Desire to learn floor covering products.
- Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Comply with Company policy as it relates to the dress code and professional appearance.
- Maintain the cleanliness and professional appearance of the store interior and exterior.
- Oversee the maintenance of all warehouse racks and equipment and report any need for repair to the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Maintain the carpet “color wall” and pallet displays consistent with company guidelines.
- Perform the receiving, storage and staging of material consistent with company warehouse procedures.
- Participate in warehouse department meetings as may be required.
- Promote customer relations by interacting professionally with customers.
- Follow all safety procedures and practices as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience required
- Three years of prior warehouse clerk experience preferred
- Strong Communication Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Mathematical Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Detail-Oriented & Thorough.
- Excellent Time Management
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; occasionally required to climb or balance; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds; frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Warehouse environment
- Some outdoor exposure during the workday
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.