Location: Sodus, NY *Disclaimer: Reliant headquarters are located at 10 Benton Place, Sodus, New York. The position will allow for some remote work flexibility; however, an in-person presence occasionally is expected. The position will require occasional travel to all of our branches (service area includes - Monroe, Ontario, and Wayne counties).
Schedule: Monday - Friday. Must be flexible to meet current and future business needs.
Reliant Credit Union, ranked one of Rocheter's mid-sized companied five years in a row, is seeking a Business Lending Manager to join our team!
The Business Lending Manager is responsible for effectively overseeing, managing and directing the daily operations of the Business Lending area for the credit union.
Understands and follows expectations of Reliant’s culture. Leads by example in the consistent demonstration of accountability, respect, and teamwork. Provides quality service and strives to exceed service expectations. Acts in professional, friendly manner at all times. Completes work timely and accurately.
Reliant's benefits package includes:
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid leave time allowances
- Employee life insurance
- Access to our medical, dental, and vision plans
As a Business Lending Manager at Reliant, you will:
- Participates in the preparation of loan packages, negotiation of loan terms, and assisting in the closing of new loans
- Aids in the development of business lending staff, strategic planning, and project leadership
- Maximizes portfolio growth through effective planning, development, training and implementation of lending strategies
- Leads efforts with Senior Management to develop and implement appropriate lending products and services, ensuring we are consistent with industry trends and remaining relevant and competitive.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field preferred.
2. Minimum of seven (7) years of business lending, business sales and operational experience in a financial institution, which includes a combination of deposit and lending technical skills, an understanding of the various types of business entities, financial statements, cash flow analysis, ratio analysis, and business account analysis. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of education requirements.
3. Demonstrated sales results and business lending production and management.
4. Prior experience developing and managing business lenders and other support staff.
5. Knowledge of and experience in SBA lending programs is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Demonstrates expert knowledge of business lending and business relationship development activities by possessing experience in commercial credit processing, underwriting, and sales calling activities.
2. Thorough knowledge of all credit union, state and federal policies, procedures and laws regarding lending.
3. High level of consultative selling skills: role model, coach, trainer and mentor.
4. Demonstrates flexibility and ability to work in a volume-oriented environment. Work schedule may require evening/weekend hours, business visits, and availability to meet with members at locations convenient to them.
5. Possesses interpersonal skills necessary to resolve complex situations regarding commercial credit situations and needs.
6. Demonstrates effective verbal communication skills to explain commercial/business situations to prospects, members and staff. Demonstrates active listening skills to assimilate information and then translate it into actions that will help provide solutions to a member’s financial needs.
7. Demonstrates the necessary attitude and outlook to become thoroughly familiar with and work in the context of the credit union’s business philosophy and operations, its Mission Statement, and Culture statements.
8. Possesses familiarity with the community and small business climate in the markets served by the credit union.
9. Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and utilization of financial statement/tax return analytical software programs to determine cash flow, financial trends and evaluate performance in relation to an appropriate peer group. (Sageworks)
1. Ability to use keyboard, monitor, and other standard office equipment.
2. Ability to travel throughout a two-story building including stair climbing and descent and/or elevator operation.
3. Ability to decipher data contained in documents, reports, spreadsheets, etc., presented both on paper and electronically.
4. Ability to access document files/filing drawers above and below waist levels.
5. Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
Candidates considered for hire are subject to credit and other employment reference checks.
Reliant Community Federal Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, AA Disability/Veteran. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department via phone at 800-724-9282 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.