Welcome to Weavers Way!
Weavers Way is a not-for-profit organization that’s doing things differently to support our local community. As a member-owned co-op, we don’t exist just to make money. Weavers Way operates on a triple bottom line philosophy known as People-Planet-Profit - which means every action we take, we strive to benefit people (our community, employees, and local vendors), planet (we strive to be one of the most sustainable places around!), and profit (so we can support our team members and operate as a business). By joining us, you’re helping us fulfill our mission of keeping dollars in our local community, supporting over 300 local food vendors, and being a part of strengthening and enriching the people and planet around us.
If you have an enthusiasm for food, sustainability, or community support, we’d love to have you join the team. Weavers Way offers a variety of benefits, including very affordable medical, dental, and vision plans, a 401k with match, an employee discount, paid vacation and sick time, company-provided disability and life insurance, and more.
Join us as a Meat, Poultry and Seafood Clerk!
· Handling a variety of the department’s specialty meats and seafood throughout the day per specific customer requests and to maintain quality product levels all while ensuring outstanding customer service at the counter.
· Demonstrate the ability to be organized, to work independently and with the team to provide the highest quality shopping experience, all while maintaining the overall appearance of the department; ensuring cases are well-merchandised and properly signed to ensure the highest quality products and supplies are available to complete tasks efficiently. Follow approved procedures for receiving, weighing, and breaking down meat and seafood products.
· Unloading and breaking down deliveries as needed; stocking cases and coolers with products; Maintain proper product assortment, merchandising and product quality on the sales floor and following rotation standards when filling items are running below acceptable levels.
· Physically making meat and seafood items according to Company written recipes and processes for preparing, assembling, and mixing fresh ingredients. Preparation includes a variety of steps that may include: marinating, seasoning, cutting, chopping, slicing, and mixing meats, produce, and other food products together as indicated within Company recipes.
· Follow and utilize the department production tools and perform other duties and assignments as directed by management.
· Quality and safety duties include receiving, inspecting and storing products to ensure quality, following proper cleaning and sanitation procedures, operating equipment in a safe and focused manner while tracking date and rotation of products and completing any necessary reports. Follow all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to, safety and sanitation and preparation while providing overall exceptional service to ensure a positive and lasting customer impression. Prep area cleaning includes taking apart, washing, rinsing, and sanitizing all equipment, prep-tables, pans, and utensils, and washing floors, walls, coolers, and storage racks. Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
· Observe all store rules and Company policies, shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Store Manager. Must wear approved hat or hair net.
· Addressing and greeting customers; answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
· Being able to listen to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
· Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring practices are strictly adhered to
· Prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines is a must
· Utilize training resources and fellow team members to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics
· Have knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide and assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
Work Environment/Physical Responsibilities
· Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
· Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, repetitive grasping, bending and reaching
· Responsible for moving or lifting an average of 5 – 20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds occasionally
· Exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
· The safe and proper handling of slicers, knives and other kitchen utensils and equipment
· Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours