Reports To: HR Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt/Full-time
Location/Travel: Based out of Corporate Office in San Antonio, TX; Regular travel to San Antonio clinic locations required
The HR Consultant at Empower Behavioral Health (EBH) is responsible for a variety of Human Resource (HR) functions across the organization and its 300+ employees (and growing). Working in a fast-paced, growing organization, this position is focused on meeting employee needs while ensuring company compliance with local, state, and Federal regulations. This individual will focus heavily on employee relations across clinics in the San Antonio area. This position entails working independently while providing comprehensive HR services.
- Address employee concerns and ensure policies are applied consistently
- Supports HR Department strategic initiatives and process improvements
- Work closely with Clinic Directors/Operations Directors to provide proactive and strategic HR consultation while identifying, addressing, and resolving human resource issues - Ex. Employee Relations
- Function as the subject matter expert for a variety of HR activities as needed
- Be the point of contact for employees
- Maintain EBH HRIS (currently Paylocity) with up-to-date documentation and employee information
- Work collaboratively with recruiting team on hiring needs
- Conduct termination meetings and instruct managers on proper termination protocols
Strong Written and Oral Communication
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an HR-related field (e.g. Organizational Management, Human Resource Management, Business Administration, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience with a variety of HR functions
- Experience working in a growing organization
- Experience working for a company with 100+ employees
Empower Behavioral Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.