PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma Washington is seeking a full time Patient Access Representative
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provide general administrative support to the Patient Access Department and assist PTHA patients in gaining access to healthcare services.
- Schedule, reschedule, and cancel appointments as needed through various sources, and maintain appointment recall system.
- Perform accurate updates on all scheduled patients as needed and required.
- Check patients in for appointments and have patient complete necessary forms.
- Register new patients and/or update established patients including determination of direct and contract care eligibility according to policy and procedures with less than 12 errors a year.
- Verify, collect and accurately enter insurance information into electronic health record system within two business days, and immediately notify supervisor if problems arise.
- Answer multi-line phone system and handle and route calls in an efficient and professional manner.