Share your passion! Guest Service Ambassadors must have incredible passion and enthusiasm for the sport, enabling them to provide basic instruction to guest as they arrive at Buck Hill Ski and Snowboard Area. This position will be outside and assisting beginning skiers and snowboarders. Keeping a constant eye on safety and teaching accordingly, ambassadors are a critical piece of the overall guest experience and can singlehandedly set in motion a guest’s lifelong passion for skiing and snowboarding.
- Greet all guests
- Carry ski and snowboard equipment for guests if needed
- Offer information assistance to guests
- Assist guests with putting on skis or snowboards
- Provide basic assistance to guests
- Ski or ride with guests primarily focusing on beginners
- Staff the ticket desk as needed
- Encourage enthusiasm and safety for skiing and snowboarding, the learning process, and the further development of good skiing / riding skills
- Be a example for our guest services on the proper way to interact with guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, professional manner
- Actively and effectively communicate with guests to explain programs, operating hours, and other services
- Attend all required trainings, safety and other meetings, required both by the department and company
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving personal skiing / riding and teaching abilities through attendance of supplementary training
- Other duties as needed.
- FREE SEASON PASS
- 50% discount off chalet food
- Competitive pay
- Flexible hours
- Fun work environment!
- Seasonal positions allow for up to 40 hours a week!
- Must have the ability to ski or snowboard and teach or coach others. Ability to ski and snowboard strongly preferred. Proficiency will be subject to tests and training from other Buck Hill staff.
- Must have ability to verbally communicate, demonstrate, and explain concepts clearly to people of all ages
- Must be empathetic, patient and nurturing to guests
- Ability (in English) to read and comprehend and write memorandum, correspondence, and reports
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, students, clients, and other employees
- Must be able to regularly lift or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift or move more than 50 pounds, and perform other physically demanding skills, including standing for long periods of time and responding appropriately to emergency and other unplanned situations
- Must be able to work weekend and holidays, and function effectively in extreme cold weather conditions and in other inclement weather conditions.