e360 is a Solutions and Managed Service Provider with years of experience in the technology industry. Entisys360 is currently in search of an Enterprise Managed Services (EMS) Network Support Engineer. This position requires network experience, the ability to guide and direct jr. team members, interpersonal skills, and a desire to ensure success for team and client. In addition to the above this position must demonstrate Entisys360’s EMS team values of Positivity, Professionalism, Employee & Customer focus and having an Entrepreneurial attitude in addressing day to day activities and issues.
About the Position:
Provides technical expertise, strategic and tactical planning and maintains documentation of core network infrastructure including the implementation and design of hardware and software. This position performs network analytics and can report on capacity, availability of the enterprise network. The Network Engineer performs root cause analysis, level 3-problem resolution and demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. This position works closely with the Infrastructure & VoIP services team in daily support & projects to establish strategies and priorities to support and maintain the highest availability of the overall network environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Evaluate, design, implement, test, document, deploy, maintain, and support data and voice networking technologies.
· Evaluate, implement, test, document, deploy, maintain, and support new versions of hardware, software, firmware, drivers and patches for all data and security equipment and related networking devices.
· Evaluate, test, document, maintain and support DNS, DHCP, internet, intranet, extranet and remote access services.
· Monitor, configure, implement, test, deploy, maintain, and support Systems Monitoring, Alerts, and Reporting for the projects Network Infrastructure and telecommunications systems.
· Evaluate and maintain network hardware and software life cycle including inventory, reporting, and end of life refresh.
· Provide expert level technical support to the Service Desk, including troubleshooting user operating problems, application problems, system configuration issues and malfunctions, and network operating problems.
· Develop, configure, maintain, and support procedures for all network equipment backups and restores utilizing the backup solution.
· Provide technical expertise for the maintenance and support of the network equipment (e.g., CISCO, Palo Alto, HP, etc.).
· Perform expert level performance tuning as well as expert level network performance audits on a regular basis.
· Diagnose and resolve overall system hardware, software, firmware, and network problems.
· Assist in the engineering, design, and maintenance of multisite enterprise networks.
· Perform expert level analytical studies to develop, implement, test, and deploy data and voice connectivity for local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) systems.
· Act as a project leader to design, implement, test, document, and deploy complex systems that are required to support the Network Infrastructure.
· Develop, implement, test, deploy, maintain and support standard network configurations for all data, voice and security networked equipment (e.g., switches, routers, wireless, firewalls, VPN, VoIP, 802.1x, etc.).
· Design, implement, test, deploy, maintain, and support the most complex LAN, WAN, VLAN, Wireless or Voice Systems in accordance with requirements.
· Perform research and provide expert level technical recommendations regarding complex system enhancements and new technologies to management.
· Conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and provide after-action report (AAR) following unplanned outages.
· Perform on-call duties and travels as required
· Advanced knowledge of network routing, switching, and QoS (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, VPC, STP)
· Advanced knowledge of firewalls, load balancers, wireless, and VPN. (IPS, IDS, IPSEC Tunnels)
· In-depth knowledge of Cisco networking devices. (e.g. Nexus 7k, Nexus 9k, Cisco Catalyst, Meraki)
· In-depth knowledge of Palo Alto networking devices. (e.g. PA220, PA2030, PA880)
· Experience with packet / protocol analyzers to find and remedy application and network performance issues.
· Experience in supporting complex, enterprise level LAN / WAN / WLAN networks.
· Experience with Software Defined networking (Cloud, VMware, etc.)
· CCNP (Enterprise or Routing/Switching preferred).
Desired Skills, Abilities and Work Ethic:
· Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
· Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
· Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
· Strong problem-solving, research, analytical and decision-making abilities.
· Proficient PC skills, including competency in MS Office Suite.
· Able to maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
· Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Create a positive customer support experience and build strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a consummately professional attitude.
· Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve escalated issues.
Critical Success Factor
· Strong oral and written skills
· Excellent documentation skills
· Excellent time management skills
· Ability to set priorities and meet obligations in a timely manner
· Extremely detail oriented
· Ability to maintain the highest levels of productivity with minimal management oversight
· Ability to travel and participate in daily onsite meetings with both Entisys360 clients and team members in all Entisys360 geographic regions and client locations
· Ability to travel distances of 100 miles or more per day to attend client meetings or other work-related activities
· Ability to sit in work related meetings for periods of 1 hour or longer
· Ability to travel via airplane for periods of 1 hour or longer to attend work-related activities