At Fresno First Bank, we truly believe that our people are our greatest asset – and we treat them as such. We offer exciting and interesting opportunities for dedicated, hard-working professionals. If you share our values and passion for providing clients with opportunities to achieve their aspirations and personal success- apply today!
Teamwork: We all pitch in to provide the high caliber service our customers deserve. We have to trust and rely on each other to execute our work with purpose and efficiency – however difficult the task might be. We are constantly thinking about the next step and the next opportunity.
Relationships: Building mutually beneficial relationships is curtail to the long-term success of our organization. By immersing ourselves in the business ventures we empower, we come to understand our customers as people with real human needs rather than just numbers.
Authentic: We say what we mean, and we mean what we say. Internally that means holding each other accountable and owning up to mistakes. It also means being straight forward with customers.
Commitment: Our pride of ownership is strong. Every day, we bring our best in order to support our customers and represent the bank.
Employment with Fresno First Bank will allow you to earn competitively, grow professionally and enjoy a collaborative and compassionate culture that rewards good ideas, good work, and initiative.
The Universal Banker/Teller is responsible for accurately and efficiently perform branch customer service and operational duties such as processing retail and commercial deposits, withdrawals, wire transfers, and loan payments. This position also promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to additional Bank products.
- Receives retail and commercial deposits and withdrawals; verifies necessary authorization documents and proper form, makes decisions when questionable items are presented, performs duties within authorized limits.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
- Operates computer terminal to process transactions, review account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within given authority.
- Issues official checks, traveler’s checks and savings bond applications.
- Assists with issuing official checks and performing night depository duties.
- Cross-sells the Bank’s other products and services, referring customers to appropriate staff as indicated.
- Performs safe deposit duties by controlling access and assisting customers.
- Receives and processes stop payment and hold orders, accepts loan and installment payments.
- Balances cash drawer daily and verifies cash being returned to the vault.
- Provides effective customer service and assists in resolving problems within given authority.
- Records, files, updates information, prepares wire transfers and sorts mail or reports as required.
- Answers telephones and directs callers to proper Bank personnel.
- May gather data and process various reports (e.g., currency transaction, returned items, overdrafts, callbacks, etc.)
- Processes FICA payments, ATM deposits, certifications, change orders and deposit slip corrections.
- May assist in opening and closing the vault daily; assists in balancing vault currency and coin.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values; benefits the bank through outside activities.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of pervious cash handling and customer service experience required, preferably in Banking.
- Experience in new accounts preferred.
- Computer skills; mainframe computer system; word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Math skills; calculate interest and balance accounts; common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; count currency, coin and negotiable instruments in a timely manner.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, and write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to deal with routine problems; good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with general supervision while performing duties.
- Current California driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.