At MEDITECH, we are committed to providing our customers with the service and care they need. The primary role of the Technical Support Specialist position on the Hardware Evaluations team is to support our hardware partners and vendors and internal and external customers with appropriate hardware, connectivity, network, and functionality issues in designated applications. As a member of our Cloud Services & Technology team, your job would involve:
- Methodically generating comprehensive hardware configuration designs
- Identifying and troubleshooting hardware issues related to set up, network, operating systems and database
- Communicating with applications support personnel at MEDITECH to better identify the relation between the hardware needs in regards to the utilized functionality of that system
- Work to better understand the individual application processes
- Question current configurations in regards to consolidation but keep system performance at a high level
- Providing ongoing hardware support to our vendors in the healthcare field as well as our Sales and Marketing teams
- Reviewing infrastructure to identify response time problems and determine if any changes can be made
- Researching hardware/application problems to identify whether an issue is hardware, software or a load balancing issue
- Documenting progress and findings
- Engaging with customers to gather more information about specific issues
- Providing and justifying recommendations to the infrastructure to resolve performance issues
- Following up with Client Support teams, Development teams, corporate partners and customers to verify that changes have been made.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree preferred and/or 2-3 years of applicable work or military experience
- Basic knowledge of system level technologies preferred
- Familiar with Windows Server and desktop environments as well as other Microsoft applications that are used in an integrated way with the MEDITECH software
- Ability to identify and work with application and system experts from around the company to help identify and remediate hardware issues
- Flexible and determined approach to problem solving
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Organized and thorough documentations skills
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Ability to take the initiative to complete tasks with minimal supervision
COVID-19: This position requires that you have received a COVID-19 vaccination unless you have a valid religious, medical, or pregnancy-related accommodation.
This is a hybrid role which includes a blend of in-office and remote work as designated by the management team.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. MEDITECH will not sponsor applicants for work visas.