In keeping with NIC’s mission, vision, and overarching goals, contributes to the planning and execution of NIC’s events by providing overall coordination of the conference registration experience, logistical support of events, and administrative support for the Planning team. This position reports to the Director, Event Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build, test, execute, and manage registration platform (currently Cvent) for onsite conferences and virtual events.
- Manage relationships and communication with registration management companies.
- Analyze registration data and trends and make recommendations to rules and processes.
- Manage day-to-day operations for conference registration including data entry and integrity, pre-conference servicing and execution, and financial-related processes.
- Execute back-end registration operations and manage online registration process.
- Collaborate with Finance team on financial processes (invoices, payments, refunds) and revenue reconciliation.
- Provide timely and excellent customer service for event registration and general information inquiries.
- Evaluate registration functionalities and recommend changes to strategic and tactical approaches as appropriate.
- Plan and execute an efficient, effective, and customer friendly onsite registration experience including design/layout, signage, technology, staffing, conference credentials, and badge pick-up.
- Provide exemplary service to internal/external customers.
- Understand registration rates and rules to provide careful oversight of registration list to ensure accurate use of discount codes, group discounts, and registration categories.
- Create and manage the Sponsorship Sales Store, which supports NIC’s business model and requires understanding of best practices around testing, accurate reporting of data, and collaboration with the sponsorship team, Salesforce administrator, and accounting.
- Research and identify potential solutions to execute a more efficient Sponsorship Sales Store including RFP management and potential building of a store from the ground up.
- Manage registration code creation for sponsors and attendees and conduct audits.
- Coordinate meeting and event shipping, including receiving quotes, internal communications, and overall coordination for events and conferences.
- Prepare and maintain a comprehensive calendar of events.
- Provide other logistical support as needed.
- Provide general administrative support as needed
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High-level attention to detail
- Highest level of customer service and professionalism
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Savvy with technology
- Deadline oriented
- Ability to travel 15-20% annually
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Degree from four-year college or university or relevant experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience in executing virtual and face to face events
- Proficient in Cvent and other Registration software
- Familiarity with Salesforce reporting and integration
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated experience using Cvent or other registration platforms/online software systems.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is performed primarily remote, but may involve a few days in an office for collaboration or staff retreat. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary. Physical demands increased and longer hours expected during in-person events.
Physical requirements of this position include the following:
- Lifting up over 25 lbs.
- Stooping, Crawling