Are you passionate about the shopping center industry and new business concepts? We are looking for someone that is willing to push the envelope of traditional retail to identify unique concepts that will enhance the overall shopping experience for our customers.
North Point MallLa has immediate opening for a Specialty Leasing Representative (SLR). The SLR will be responsible for enhancing the value of the center through short-term leasing of temporary space for carts. kiosks, in-line stores and non-traditional uses such as parking lot and pop-up events. This role will also be responsible for canvassing to identify and negotiate new partnerships that generate alternative income with the center’s advertising program and seek property wide sponsorships.
- Achieving Specialty Leasing income goals established. Working with the mall team in preparing the Specialty Leasing budget and business plan.
- Canvas region to find and develop new retail concepts for the centers and works to expand their retail operations. Ensure that specialty leasing retailers enhance the appearance and values of the shopping center and company visual merchandising requirements and standards of professionalism. Keep abreast of competitive Specialty Leasing trends industry/region areas and the areas of the center.
- Monitor year to date progress, trouble shoot, identifies problems, and works to develop solutions.
- Monitor rent collections, visual merchandising, and problem tenants as needed.
- Attend appropriate seminars, conventions, trainings, and meetings.
- Communicate all deals and leasing activity with Senior Management and Leasing Department.
- Responsible for marketing and selling the assets of the center to consumers, advertisers, marketing companies, and the surrounding business community
- Identify and negotiate new opportunities that generate activity to meet/exceed income objectives. Identifying, creating, and selling revenue opportunities through strategic positioning of the property’s media assets, sponsorships and programming
- Identifying prospective clients in local markets through cold calling, canvassing, and networking
- Cultivating solid on-going relationships with partners and sponsors to address performance, execution, and future growth potential
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in sales or commercial real estate preferred (shopping center experience is preferred)
- Ability to appropriately and effectively manage and competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently combined with a strong collaborative style of communication
- Experience in managing budgets
- Resourcefulness, creativity and a well-developed awareness of design principles
- Some overnight travel may be required
- Must have strong computer skills, with experience in Outlook, Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal). Selling and negotiation skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy when interacting with others.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Above all, the candidate must possess a positive, professional approach, strong emphasis on excellent customer satisfaction and a desire to contribute to a successful team.
- Ability to communicate with and make presentations to retailers, leasing, event, and sponsorship prospects.