Position Title: Clinical Supervisor
Program: Promise Wellness Center
Classification: Exempt, 40 hours/week
Salary Range: $81,120 - $87,360 per year commensurate with experience
Promise Wellness Center, is based on a holistic approach to service delivery with an understanding that adults, TAY and older adults with serious mental illness can benefit from linkages to primary care physicians, access to non-traditional and culturally accepted healing communities, family and peer support, culturally appropriate education about mental illness and substance use, employment support services, and skill development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide weekly individual and group supervision to license-eligible staff. Provide weekly individual supervision to paraprofessionals
- Provides weekly consultation to licensed staff and medical staff
- Supports program manager and administrative staff in the operations of the program
- Supports in recruiting student interns/trainees
- Performs quality assurance duties by reviewing/co-signing medical records, assessments and progress notes written by clinical staff
- Supports program by addressing high risk clients or supports with crisis intervention as needed.
- Participate in staff meetings
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Masters degree in social work, psychology, counseling or human behavior from an accredited college or university with major work in clinical therapy and a LCSW or LMFT.
- Completed 15 hours/units of clinical supervision continuing education
- LMFT or LCSW license for a minimum of 2 years
- Maintain good standing of BBS clinical supervision requirements such as completing required supervision CEUs for renewal
- Two years clinical experience in a mental health setting, with solid clinical skills in individual therapy, assessments, crisis intervention, and case management
- Experience in a supervisory or leadership role
- Knowledge of theory and practice of psychotherapy, as well as principles and practice of community mental health
- Understanding of cultural competency in the delivery of mental health services
- Understanding of and commitment to the psychosocial rehabilitation model of psychiatric rehabilitation services, and a strong belief in empowering clients/consumers towards recovery
- Trained and experienced in diagnosing clients utilizing the DSM-V
- Familiarity with community resources and the delivery of case management services
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize and successfully bring them to fruition
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with regard to sensitive or proprietary information or materials
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with regard to client information and other sensitive or proprietary information
- Will not be debarred or excluded from participation in Federal programs by the General Services Administration and/or the Department of Health and Human Services of the Inspector General
- Must undergo background check (Live Scan Fingerprint)
- Must be able to drive (when needed) for business purposes to other program locations in San Diego County. If employee drives his/her personal automobile for UPAC business, employee must have valid California driver’s license and comprehensive automobile insurance coverage, as required by law.
- Must be COVID-19 vaccinated and boosted if applicable or must be eligible for one of the qualifying exemptions
Preferred Additional Education and Experience:
- Trained in Motivational Interviewing and/or Trauma Informed Care
- Knowledge of County contracted Medi-Cal and MHSA programs
- Knowledge of San Diego County documentation standards
- Trained in or understand the use of CERNER Electronic Medical Records System
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Spends approximately 70% of work time sitting and meeting with others or working at a desk and/or computer. Spends approximately 30% of work time standing or walking within the work area or outside the office at meetings and events, also bends, twists, stoops and reaches. Ability to communicate in writing and verbally. Regularly required to sit and talk or hear. Frequently is required to use hands to touch, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Working conditions are normal for an office environment and event venues. The noise level is usually moderate.