Indiana Farmers Insurance is currently looking for a highly experienced Field Property Claims Specialist to join our Claims Team. The right candidate will service counties across Indiana and Illinois, as needed, and in turn needs to be local to the area.
The right candidate will investigate, assess damages, write structural property estimates, make complex coverage decisions, and ultimately resolve personal, commercial and farm property claims. Your primary focus will be on large loss claims with routine exposure in excess of $1 million. As a Field Property Claims Representative III with Indiana Farmers Insurance, you will support our vision by driving prompt and fair claims resolutions.
Benefits for the Field Property Claims Representative III:
- Free Health insurance
- Free Dental insurance
- Free Vision insurance
- Free Life insurance
- Free Short-Term & Long-Term Disability insurance
- 2% 401k Company Match
- 11% 401k Company Contribution
- Excellent Paid Time Off
- Day of Service
- Charity Match Program
- We promote from within our diverse workforce regularly and offer regular opportunities to learn and grow
- Flexible Work Arrangements that include work locations in the office, hybrid schedules and fully remote. The type of arrangement available is determined by the position and business needs
- Matching funds of up to $100 annually are available from the company for your favorite charitable organization
- Associate recognition awards, fun gatherings, and opportunities to make friends are part of our culture
- An on-site fitness center, as well as free and convenient parking right next to our building make life easier
Qualifications for the Field Property Claims Representative III:
- Seven - Ten years field property claims experience, require
- Experience handling complex commercial exposures, including business interruption, is highly preferred
- Significant experience and expertise in writing structural property estimates; using Xactimate estimating software, preferred
- Must be able to climb, access roofs, basements, crawlspaces, etc.
- Overall broad knowledge of claims handling procedures, principles and adherence to Best Practices is required
- College degree and professional designation (CPCU, CSLA, AIC, etc.), strongly preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possess effective and positive interpersonal communication skills and demonstrating a professional, yet friendly demeanor
- Ability to set customer expectations and meet and/or exceed them
- Solid problem solving and decision-making abilities, in a timely good-faith manner while maintaining a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to read and interpret policies and endorsements
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record
Why work for Indiana Farmers Insurance? Imagine working for an employer like this:
- 95% retention of its associates over the last 5 years
- Financially stable as shown by our A (Excellent) rating by AM Best
- Truly customer focused
- A strong legacy of excellent performance throughout our 145 years in business!
For more information about Indiana Farmers, please go to https://insurance.indianafarmers.com/about-us.
Indiana Farmers Insurance is an equal opportunity employer!