Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization committed to the relief, assistance and advancement of the poorest people in the least developed countries of the world. Founded in Ireland in 1968, Concern Worldwide has nearly 4,000 personnel working in 23 countries across the globe, reaching 36 million people in 2020. Concern believes in a world where no one lives in fear, where all have access to a decent standard of living and the opportunities essential to a long, healthy and creative life. Our mission is to help people living in extreme poverty achieve major improvements in their lives, improvements that are sustainable without ongoing support from Concern.
Concern Worldwide US (CUS) is an independent affiliate of Concern Worldwide, with offices in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles. CUS advances the Concern Worldwide mission through mobilizing financial and human resources, as well as influencing and activating networks in the US to elevate programs globally.
The Business Development unit in New York provides proposal development support, coordination, and technical assistance to raise new business from the US Government (USG), as well as leadership in the cultivation and management of strategic partnerships with US-based foundations, private sector entities, and other institutions.
Concern Worldwide US seeks a highly motivated team player to help us raise new funds from and expand our partnerships with institutions, with the ultimate aim to maintain and expand support for Concern Worldwide’s global humanitarian and poverty alleviation programs. This is an exciting opportunity to play an important role on a growing team, and to contribute to strategy, proposal development, and negotiation with donors and partners. As a member of the Business Development unit on the Programs Team, the Program Specialist, Business Development will work closely with colleagues in and across departments as well as with Concern colleagues worldwide.
· Support the Programs team in the administration, production, and configuration of proposal submissions in a dedicated portfolio.
· Assist in the development of high quality proposals and supporting documents for proactive pitches as well as responses to competitive solicitations for a wide variety of government and private institutional donors.
· Conduct thorough reviews of technical proposals, and support reviews of financial proposals with Concern US Finance team, to ensure they are programmatically sound, meet high copy edit standards, and maintain donor compliance (including USAID and State Department) and solicitation- or donor-specific guidelines and deadlines, with a particular focus on proposals from USAID and USAID’s Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance.
· Research and gather information for the purpose of identifying opportunities in advance, tracking, and responding to donor trends, and engaging with partners and donors to promote the organization.
· Support development of compelling pitches and value propositions for key foundation and corporate prospects including pitches for shared value opportunities and grant funding.
· Develop compelling communication assets for prioritized program areas and insights on donor interests in collaboration with Communication and Marketing.
· Travel to strategic countries to assist with priority program and proposal development efforts important to Concern growth targets, as requested and jointly approved.
· Conduct other duties in the Programs function as needed.
· A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in international development, humanitarian, or social sector.
· Demonstrated track record in contributing to the pursuit of high value awards from US or other governments, private institutions, multilateral or other donors.
· Excellent English language editing skills and exceptional attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task and handle multiple and often competing deadlines, which involves working with colleagues in different time zones.
· Strong interpersonal skills (e.g., facilitation and conflict management) and the ability to work in a culturally diverse team environment.
· Commitment to the work and values of Concern Worldwide.
· Eligibility to work in the US.
· Knowledge and experience of US Government business development processes, specifically those of USAID and/or US State Department.
· Ability to travel overseas on short-term assignments with minimal notice.
· Overseas living and/or professional experience.
· French or Arabic language skills.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and detailed cover letter including your availability and salary expectations using the link provided.
We appreciate your interest working with Concern Worldwide U.S. Due to high applicant volume we regret that we are not able to send personalized responses to all applicants. Only candidates short-listed for a first round interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.