At Fresno First Bank, we truly believe that our people are our greatest asset – and we treat them as such. We offer exciting and interesting opportunities for dedicated, hard-working professionals. If you share our values and passion for providing clients with opportunities to achieve their aspirations and personal success- apply today!
Teamwork: We all pitch in to provide the high caliber service our customers deserve. We have to trust and rely on each other to execute our work with purpose and efficiency – however difficult the task might be. We are constantly thinking about the next step and the next opportunity.
Relationships: Building mutually beneficial relationships is curtail to the long-term success of our organization. By immersing ourselves in the business ventures we empower, we come to understand our customers as people with real human needs rather than just numbers.
Authentic: We say what we mean, and we mean what we say. Internally that means holding each other accountable and owning up to mistakes. It also means being straight forward with customers.
Commitment: Our pride of ownership is strong. Every day, we bring our best in order to support our customers and represent the bank.
Employment with Fresno First Bank will allow you to earn competitively, grow professionally and enjoy a collaborative and compassionate culture that rewards good ideas, good work, and initiative.
The Commercial Loan Underwriting is responsible for underwriting medium to large new and existing credit relationships in compliance with the Bank’s underwriting standards and all applicable state and federal laws, rules, and regulations. The position assists loan officers in managing new and existing customer relationships by providing advanced credit analysis and underwriting support.
- The primary focus of the Position is to focus time and attention on medium to large size credit relationships, whether new or existing, and perform the following duties:
- Request financial data from borrowers based on the borrower’s financial reporting covenants and other data as may be needed to fully understand a borrower’s financial condition.
- Analyze Borrower’s financial data and prepare summary reports on the Borrower’s financial condition and compliance with loan covenants.
- Compile data from credit reports, conduct industry analysis, and generate peer comparisons.
- Meet with the RM and customers to discuss their financial data develop a thorough understanding of the creditworthiness of the Borrower and Guarantor and be able to explain significant changes over time, compare to industry standards, discuss performance to covenants, etc.
- Consistently underwrites safe and sound commercial loans in an expedient manner that are compliant with the Bank’s underwriting standards and all applicable state and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
- Carefully assesses and evaluates the risk of financing requests within the framework of the Bank’s credit culture and current economic and industry trends and presents facts and offers opinions/recommendations to loans officers and relationship personnel concerning applicant’s credit worthiness.
- Prepares summary and/or credit approval report documenting underwriting results and provides supporting information for credit decision recommendations.
- Makes recommendations to loan and relationship officers on potential customer needs for other banking products.
- Reinforces the application of superior customer service through his or her own example along with appropriate follow through with involved customers and employees.
- Develops and maintains an advanced knowledge of financial industry, economy, market conditions, rates, vendors and competition; remains informed of trends and developments in local market and changes to regulations governing commercial loans; and assimilates new government regulations and applies this knowledge to improve and maintain quality and consistent underwriting.
- Responds to inquiries or refers inquiries to the appropriate department or person and exhibits the necessary follow through with customers and/or staff involved.
- Consistently applies superior decision-making techniques pertaining to inquiries, approvals and requests as they apply to existing policies and procedures, keeping within assigned approval limits and using these instances as learning tools for employee development.
- Complete or assist in completing special projects as assigned by Credit Department Managers or the Chief Credit Officer.
- Processes, solves, and answers complex customer transactions, problems or inquiries.
- Answers telephones, answers question and directs callers to proper Bank personnel.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; and accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; and builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies, procedures and processes, and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules, and regulations, and adheres to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) responsibilities that are specific to the position.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values; and benefits the Bank through outside activities.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a 4-year accredited college or university in Business, Finance, Accounting, or similar study, or equivalent related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience and training should consist of credit analysis, financial analysis, lending, or similar experience. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
- Intermediate knowledge of commercial loan origination, underwriting, documentation, and processing.
- Intermediate knowledge of the appraisal experience and/or formalized training.
- Basic experience, knowledge and training in all lending activities and terminology.
- Advanced experience, knowledge and training in accounting, financial statement spreading, and cash flow and tax return analysis typically resulting from a combination of education in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
- Basic knowledge of related state and federal lending and compliance laws, rules and regulations, and other Bank lending policies.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Basic skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; host computer system; word processing, spreadsheet, and specialty software programs.
- Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Intermediate math skills: ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence, and procedures, speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
- Current driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive while performing assigned duties and responsibilities.