Job Title: Assistant Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Every year, thousands of young people in Philadelphia dropout of school. This decades-long dropout crisis impacts individual lives by sustaining the cycle of underemployment and poverty, and threatens Philadelphia’s ability to thrive.
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School was founded in 1992 to give high school dropouts a second chance and the opportunity to build a brighter future for themselves and their community. Our innovative program offers young at-risk adults a high school diploma, valuable job skills, and the opportunity to learn and grow in a community-oriented, supportive environment. We prepare our students for further educational attainment and meaningful careers as they become leaders and contributing members in a stronger Philadelphia.
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School’s mission is to empower young adults (17-20 year-olds) to develop skills and connect to opportunities by fostering an environment of love, support, and respect for their whole person. Students graduate high school and successfully transition to college and career as critically conscious leaders, committed to positive change for themselves and their communities.
YBPCS’ values are deeply held and come from a love of humanity and a perspective that views each student as a community asset. The program’s three core values - respect, excellence and perseverance – are reinforced through all aspects of the program.
Young people in Philadelphia who are disconnected will build skills and access resources and opportunities to achieve economic stability and personal development, and become critically conscious leaders within their communities.
- Demonstrate a working financial comprehension in achieving the Café’s key performance metrics.
- Work very closely with the larger Business Administration Scholars team to execute the Café Sales & Marketing plan while helping to achieve year-over-year growth.
- Serve as a mentor and coach to junior management staff in understanding the business’s financial and philanthropic goals.
- Work in unison with the Café General Manager to communicate a clear operating direction based on a sound understanding of the business, strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities.
- Work across all departments in supporting the team in consistent execution of all systems and processes to consistently deliver all products and services to brand standards.
- Support the GM in building a highly functional team of members who share a common vision and values surrounding the overall success of the café.
- Champion change, ensuring all local and company initiatives are implemented successfully.
- Foster an environment of customer advocacy in which all team members put the guest first in every situation.
- Execute established standards for overall guest satisfaction that meet or exceed brand standards.
- Work in conjunction with the GM to be responsive and hospitable to guest feedback from all sources, including social media and email.
- Support Cafe staffing objectives by partnering with the GM in evaluating strengths and areas for growth to place each student in positions that leverage their skills and expertise for maximum impact.
- Clearly define goals and expectations for each team member and work with them to achieve success.
- Serve as a responsive and respectful steward of the space. We are a community shop and the needs of the community will ultimately drive our business.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must hold ServSafe Manager Certification
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Exhibits excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills and the ability to diagnose and develop recommended solutions.
- Mission driven to work with YB’s student body
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Intermediate to advanced Google Suite skills
- Commitment to social justice
- Demonstrated values that align to Restorative Practices
- FBI - Criminal History Report
- PATCH - Pennsylvania Police Department - Criminal Background Check (and/or applicable based on State of residency)
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- TB Test Results
- Act 24 - Arrest Conviction Form
- NSOPW - National Sex Offender Clearance
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.