We are looking for a highly-organized, detail-oriented Grants Accountant to join our Finance team. This position contributes to the United Way’s critical role in the state of Connecticut’s health and human services and child services infrastructures, ensuring that United Way of Connecticut is compliant with its contractual requirements.
What you will do
- You will maintain financial, accounting, and grant support services to meet the needs of our funders.
- You will support team members in budgeting, reporting, variance analysis, and compliance.
- You will go out of your way to stay current on state reporting requirements.
When and where you will work
This is a part-time position. We offer a hybrid work environment from home and from the office.
Part Time 25 hours per week. Hours and days are flexible during Monday through Friday and normal business hours.
Why you should work here
- Competitive pay plus a terrific suite of benefits.
- On-the-job training with the opportunity for professional growth within United Way.
- Opportunity to work as part of a team passionate about raising the quality of services in our state.
The Pay & Benefits
- $24.50 per hour
- Additional $0.75 per worked hour for certified Spanish- or Portuguese-speaking staff ($1.50 per hour worked for both languages) after 90 days on the job
- An outright 8% 401(k) contribution.
- Paid Time Off – you begin accruing immediately!
- 13 paid holidays per year
- Tuition reimbursement after 1 year
- Employment at UWC counts toward Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness.
- Supportive, culturally diverse, and inclusive company culture.
- And more!
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor's or Associate's degree in related field preferred or High School diploma with relevant skills or experience.
- You have experience in defined or related function.
- You are deadline-oriented and committed to a high degree of accuracy in your work.
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community. We unequivocally denounce racism and ethnic discrimination in all forms, and we remain committed to building a future of greater opportunity and true equity for all people living in our communities. We act by tackling the structural barriers to equity from past and present systemic racism that have impeded the health, safety and wellbeing of traditionally marginalized people.