WRC provides a variety of insurance solutions for mutual insurers and consumers. We are currently looking for an experienced Claims Representative for our subsidiary, 1st Auto & Casualty. We offer great benefits, a variety of flexible work schedules and options for working remotely (from Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota or Missouri) after initial training is completed.
Our claims representatives handle assigned claims with a focus on personal and commercial auto liability/injury, physical damage and medical payments. Assignments may also include homeowners, farm owners, business owners and umbrella claims.
Handling claims includes:
- Obtaining the facts of the claim and reviewing coverage.
- Reviewing estimates, appraisals, police reports, medical bills and other documents.
- Regularly reviewing and developing familiarity with a wide array of policy forms and endorsements.
- Timely, clear and professional communication with customers, agents, vendors and attorneys.
- Frequently making and receiving phone calls.
- Working within your authority to timely and appropriately resolve claims and working with the management team on claims that exceed your authority.
- Using a variety of software to manage your work and document the claim file.
- Active participation in a variety of team meetings and training.
- Regular collaboration with teammates and the department.
- Regular 1:1, open conversations with your manager to discuss your role, goals and development plan
- Systematic training approach to help you develop your adjusting skills and knowledge of the insurance industry.
- Proven track record of developing interested employees' knowledge and skills to help prepare them for lateral or advancement opportunities.
- A natural problem solver.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able and willing to learn and collaborate.
- Comfortable with a fast pace.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- 3+ years of experience handling personal and commercial auto casualty claims. Experience must include bodily injury claim handling.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws