The mission of the Sexual Assault Response Center (SARC) in Delaware is to respond to all forms of sexual and domestic violence through specialized crisis intervention services, comprehensive prevention education programs and advocacy for the rights of victims as survivors, family members and communities. YWCA Delaware has SARC offices in New Castle County and Sussex County. Our goal is to deliver a crisis response affirming the dignity of clients and facilitating a path of resiliency and recovery for individuals whose lives have been impacted by acts of sexual and domestic violence.
The SARC Legal and Medical Services Coordinator coordinates survivor requests for legal and medical services including accompaniments and screenings and referrals for the Medical Legal Partnership. Additional duties include developing and providing education and training to community partners for identification, early intervention, and referral of sexual and domestic violence survivors throughout Delaware. This position reports to the SARC Victim Services Director.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Recruits, trains, and supervises sexual and domestic violence advocates and staff.
- Develops and implements education and training initiatives that support community partners, legal, and medical providers in early identification and referral of survivors statewide.
- Provides supervisory support across legal and medical services operations team to advocates, staff and clients.
- Provide follow-up support and connection to additional resources for clients seeking legal and medical services
- Collect, manage and report data related to recruitment, training, and supervision for grants.
- Develop strategy for building community partner relationships in all three counties and specifically targeting diverse, at-risk populations.
- Along with SARC staff - select, develop and distribute community partner SV toolkits and resources to support survivors.
- Work with community partners to identify and recruit potential program volunteers and build awareness of services offered at SARC.
- This position requires On Call shift coverage for program services to ensure 24/7 access as needed.
This position includes On Call shift coverage for program services to ensure 24/7 access as needed.
Job Type: Full-time, exempt. We offer a comprehensive benefits package
YWCA Delaware is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusivity and encourage qualified candidates from all cultures and communities to apply.
Qualified applicants should use this link to apply (No phone calls please):
YWCA Delaware is a leading advocate for women by providing housing, violence prevention and sexual assault crisis services, financial empowerment, racial justice and youth programming. We empower women politically, financially and socially while fostering the confidence and can-do attitude needed to eliminate barriers and overcome life’s obstacles. We are a statewide organization headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware. Annually we serve approximately 6,700 participants within our comprehensive programs. Our mission is to eliminate racism, empower women, stand up for social justice, help families and strengthen communities.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, criminal justice or related legal and medical services
- Minimum of 2 years case management experience working with diverse populations
- 1-2 years’ experience in similar social or human services agency/shelter or criminal justice or an associate degree and equivalent experience