FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Production Supervisor ensures the attainment of manufacturing goals and objectives. In this role, the Production Supervisor manages and develops a team accountable for lean processes, continuous improvement, and maximum efficiency.
- Supports all established plant and manufacturing goals and objectives: Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) goals, quality enhancements, takt attainment, cost targets, productivity targets, Standard Work, and 5S.
- Works with subject matter experts and engineers to improve processes by increasing material flow and decreasing scrap.
- Leads problem-solving for metric misses and other roadblocks.
- Actively participates in lean deployment and employee engagement.
- Provides feedback to other functional areas regarding schedule attainment and metrics.
- Coordinates with maintenance on the upkeep and repair of tools and machinery to maximize operating capacity and longevity.
- Creates and drives production plans to maximize labor efficiency and utilization through changing production levels and mixes.
- Develops a cross trained workforce and coaches team members for success.
- Other duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A two or four-year degree in Business or Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering is preferred.
Five years of experience in a precision machining manufacturing environment is required. Three of those years must be in a leadership role.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional requirements of this position include:
- Teambuilding experience
- Ability to provide technical leadership
- Basic problem solving using Lean Tools, Six Sigma tools, and Quality Tools
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective leadership of change management
- Servant leadership in a lean environment
Microsoft Office Tools, MS Outlook, ERP Experience (preferably QAD).
Lean and Six Sigma accreditations highly preferred.
Typical manufacturing environment with some travel between buildings and to other locations required. May be exposed to dangerous machinery, chemicals, and loud noises while on the plant floor. May be required to lead and work multiple shifts. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor