Reporting to the Director of Youth Program Services, the primary responsibility of this position is to oversee DESC’s federally funded youth workforce readiness programs. DESC anticipates contracting with at least five (5) organizations to support Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Programs across the City of Detroit. ?These organizations will utilize WIOA and other funds to provide In-School or Out-of-School youth with employment and training services.?
The Manager will oversee services administered by the WIOA contractors, ensuring they maintain exceptional service delivery, build capacity, achieve performance goals, and comply with federal funding requirements. ?
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the design and/or modification of evidence-based operational strategies for WIOA Youth subcontractors and service recipients
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to determine best practices and identify clear strategies for effective and meaningful program implementation
- Develop tools, guides, marketing materials, policies, and procedures as necessary
- Utilize data to design and implement high quality training, technical assistance and follow-up services, as needed, to ensure that subcontractors feel prepared and confident with their understanding of WIOA Youth standards and their ability to align curriculum and activities accordingly?
- Identify and communicate system-wide gaps in programmatic strategy?
- Manage and assist with evaluating program effectiveness, investigate trends, as well as recommend and implement modifications to improve program effectiveness
- Manage and assist with compliance and monitoring of program operations in accordance with state and federal WIOA regulations?
- Monitor and manage the program budget in accordance with funding regulations and spending against certain programmatic budget line items?
- Read and research emerging trends and practices in Positive Youth Development and keep up to date regarding current offerings/events/research in order to provide the most current and effective tools to contractors?
- Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations, (data management, information sharing, video conferencing, presentations, etc.)
- Ensure structures are in place to capture and share relevant programmatic data, both internally and externally
- Assist with the development and evaluation of procurement planning and audit preparation
- Conduct contract decision making sessions, including modifications and renewals of awarded proposals and grants
- Contribute to quarterly and annual program compliance reports and provide regular updates to unit and organizational leadership as requested
- Schedule and attend divisional, organization-wide and other team related meetings to ensure information sharing and to assist with other organizational initiatives whenever needed?
- Coordinate with communications team to ensure website, social media posts and marketing materials are accurate and revised as needed
- Occasionally survey, evaluate, and interview participants, tracking and investigating issues and/or complaints
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree strongly preferred ?
- Experience in workforce development, youth development or human service
- Exhibit professionalism, diplomacy, and ability to appropriately interact with staff, participants, employers, and local stakeholders while maintaining effective working relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows environments, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping
- Excellent problem-solving, public speaking, listening and writing skills?
- Supervisory experience, directing both staff and youth
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Strength ?in managing, developing, and coaching individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control and performance
- Keen ability to cultivate and manage partnerships with community-based organizations, human service/advocacy institutions and government entities
- Extensive knowledge of alternative education instruction
- Must be ?able to conduct research on a wide variety of data sources
- Must have the ability to discern highly confidential materials and documents and maintain an appropriate filing system for all confidential materials
Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License and insured transportation – Position requires some field work
Background check and drug screen required??
The Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation (DESC) is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within our organization. DESC actively seeks applications from women, persons of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups.