Looking for a great place to start or continue your career? A place where you are challenged and not bored? A place where you are valued and respected? Our Family owned trucking company is looking for a hard-working Customer Service employee. Come join our exciting team today!
Hill Brothers Transportation has been in business for 45+ years and prides itself in treating each other as family. First and foremost, we respect our employees and listen to what they have to say. We also offer competitive wages, good benefits, training opportunities for growth and development, recognition and much more.
Don't wait any longer!
Contact us now.
Essential Functions Statement
• Perform routine solicitations and follow up with designated account contacts in person, via email, or other electronic forms of communication, even when no freight is available.
• Build relationships through daily interactions with current customers, operations and logistics personnel, shippers, consignees, support departments, and sales.
• Collaborate with Load Planners and Driver Managers to ensure customer and company needs are communicated and met.
• Monitor freight commitments and on time service for key accounts to ensure they are being met by both Hill Bros Transportation and our customers.
• Oversee order entry accuracy and customer website updates and accessorials.
• Act as a liaison between Sales and Operations to negotiate rates with current customer base for new lane opportunities.
• Offer Logistics as a solution when Assets is unable to cover to satisfy customer capacity needs.
• Maintain EDI requirements for acceptance or rejection of freight, EDI214 communications or holds, and updates of loads.
• Oversee trailer pools in the respected region and/or shippers and consignees for assigned customers.
• Compile and organize customer notes and daily checklists, as to ensure the assigned region and/or customers are covered in the event of an absence or vacation.
• Assist in training Customer Service Reps (CSR) and Assistants (CSA).
• Provide billing team with required documents to submit invoices to customers; i.e. rate confirmations. Complete required customer tasks so that billing can process; i.e. customer website maintenance.
• Prepare and distribute daily and weekly reports to the customer service department.
• Act as a substitute in the absence of other Customer Service associates which are seamless and transparent to our customers
• Communicate unresolved customer grievances or problems with Customer Service Manager for further investigation.
• Consistently report to work as required and complete assigned or required tasks during normal work schedule.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures.
• Accuracy - Performing work precisely, accurately, and thoroughly.
• Active Listening - Attending to, concentrating on, and understanding the comments, questions, and concerns of others.
• Assertiveness - Acting in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
• Communication, Oral and Written - Communicating effectively with others using the spoken word and by writing clearly and concisely.
• Cooperation - Working together for a common purpose or benefit; joint action.
• Decision Making - Making critical decisions while abiding to department and company procedures.
• Detail Oriented - Paying attention to the precise details of a project or task
• Follow Through - Continuing a plan, project, task to its completion to ensure the situation is resolved and appropriate individuals are updated.
• Goal Oriented - Focusing on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
• Motivation - Inspiring oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
• Negotiation Skills - Finding a way to say YES. Ability to express feelings without anxiety or anger in a non-threatening way. The ability to look at the situation from another’s perspective.
• Organized – Having one’s affairs in order; following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Relationship Building - Effectively building relationships with customers and co-workers.
• US Geography - Knowledge of the United States, state and city locations, and the ability to use maps and other geographic references.
• Responsible – Being held accountable for one’s conduct.
• Time Management - Utilizing the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines and/or scheduled work hours.
• Work Quality - Achieving desired outcome with a minimum of avoidable errors and problems.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Able to control and express emotion, able to handle relationships judiciously and with empathy
• Able to do thorough, accurate and consistent work, free from errors
• Able to effectively maintain a balance of freight in assigned region
• Able to clearly communicate with customers, co-workers, and support staff departments
• Able to work in a fast paced environment with constant distractions
• Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Able to build positive relationships with our customers by possessing the character and communication skills necessary
• Able to work independently or as part of a team
• Able to problem solve effectively and escalate issues as necessary
Education and Experience
• Must have high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• Must have Bachelor’s degree or four years’ experience in Logistics, Supply Chain, and/or Transportation Customer Service
• Proficient with Windows Operating System including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Moderate typing skill required (50 WPM)
• Experience with TMW software helpful
• Knowledge of relevant software applications such as PC Miler helpful
• Willing to work overtime, rotating holidays, and rotating weekends as requested and approved by supervisor to satisfy business needs