Prevailance is seeking qualified individuals who have demonstrated experience in Antiterrorism (AT), Security Operations, and/or weapons training to fulfill Weapons-Based Instructor positions for Antiterrorism/Navy Security Force (AT/NSF) in support of CENSECFOR detachment San Diego, CA. Qualified candidates shall possess high personal standards of technical knowledge and professional competence in delivering training material as well as the ability to perform in a military environment, and be familiar with the hierarchy of the U.S. Navy military rank/grade structure. In addition, all qualified individuals will need to have knowledge of Navy military terminology, as well as shipboard/instillation technology applications. Instructors shall be personally capable of performing all training evolutions including the ability to effectively complete weapons qualifications in the standing, kneeling and prone positions, ascend or descend ladders and go through narrow passageways, and be free of any abnormal fear of heights. Travel may be required.
Instructors shall be responsible for delivering and instructing the following courses:
- Visit, Board, Search, and Seizure Boarding Officer (VBSS BO)
- Small Arms Marksmanship Instructor (SAMI)
- Antiterrorism Training Supervisor (AT TRASUP)
- Security Reaction Force (Advanced) (SRF-A)
- Armed Sentry/Security Reaction Force (Basic) (AS/SRF-B)
- Submarine Force Sentry (SUBFOR Sentry)
- Non-Compliant Boarding Visit, Board, Search, and Seizure (NCB VBSS)
- Submarine Force Crew Served Weapons Instructor (SUBFOR CSWI)
- Crew Served Weapons Operations and Maintenance (CSW O&M)
- Crew Served Weapons Instructor (CSWI)
- Non-Lethal Weapons Basic Instructor (NLW-BI)
- Non-Lethal Weapons Senior Instructor (NLW-SI)
At a minimum, Weapons-Based instructors shall have one of the following qualifications:
- Have attended the Navy Instructor Training Course (NITC) (A-012-0077) (or military service equivalent)
- Academic credentialing (teacher/professor)
- Instructor training via an academic institution. Academic ITC requirements should contain, at a minimum, the following Learning Objectives:
- Effective communication and questioning techniques
- Adult learning theory and principles
- Instructional Delivery methods
- Lesson delivery performance laboratory
- Training environment management
- Inter-personal skills
- Evaluation and Feedback
Weapons-Based Instructors shall:
- Possess at least two (2) years of past military experience in a weapons-carrying and employment operational environment or equivalent experience as a Law Enforcement officer with a military or civilian security force?
- Possess a basic understanding of Military/Civilian Security Force techniques?
- Be qualified as a small arms weapons instructor.? Specific qualification requirements are:
- Completion of one of the small arms instructor courses:
- Small Arms Marksmanship Instructor (SAMI) Course (A-041-0148)
- CSWI Course (A-830-2215)
- Seahawk Weapons and Tactics Instructor Course (S-050-0836)
- Submarine Forces CSWI Course (A-041-0012)
- Expeditionary Small Arms Marksmanship Instructor Course (A-060-0005)
- The Marine Corps Marksmanship Instructor (Military Occupational Specialty 0931) Course.
- DoD-Equivalent Small Arms and CSWI Courses.
- The Federal Law Enforcement Training Center Small Arms Instructor Course.
- Non-DoD. Any other small arms or CSWI course equivalencies approved by OPNAV Ashore Readiness Division (OPNAV N46).
- A minimum of two (2) Weapons-Based Course Instructors must be qualified and experienced as crew served weapons instructors.
- For instructors who have the Non-Compliant Boarding, Visit, Board, Search, and Seizure (NCB VBSS) (A-830-0395) course assigned as their primary course, possess or be able to qualify as a Second Class Swimmer in accordance with NETC P1552/16 (Navy Swimming and Water Survival Instructors Manual).
Must be able to obtain and maintain a favorable background
COVID-19 Requirements:?All Prospective employees will be required to adhere to Prevailance’s vaccination policy to ensure compliance with Executive Order 14042 Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. Prospective employees must submit proof of full vaccination prior to their start date unless a Prevailance approved accommodation for disability (to include medical conditions) or religious-based reasons has been received.
Prevailance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. Prevailance, Inc. participates in E-Verify and is VEVRAA Compliant.