This position will be a full-time in office position.
Who We Are
Here at Interplan, our vision is to create space that celebrates Humanity.
We are on a Mission to be Present with our employees, partners, and clients so that we can deliver a relevant experience and quality drawings. To accomplish this mission, we provide Creativity, Clarity, and Consistency through single-sourced architecture, engineering, and permitting services. How we interact as a team matters, the services that we provide and the way we provide them matters. This is why we were just named as a Top 2022 Architecture and Engineering firm by the Commercial Construction and Renovation Magazine!
We recognize that the more we develop and empower our team, the better we deliver the best possible experience to our clients. And that just makes work feel a little more fun and rewarding for everyone.
It’s our mission to bring the human element to everything we do. We continually cultivate a culture where our clients and employees feel that we care for them, their careers, and their projects and that we will do everything in our power to help them succeed with joy!
What We’re Hiring For
Interplan is a commercial architectural firm founded 50 years ago, specializing in restaurant and retail design work with large nationwide clients. The company has offices in Chicago, Fort Worth, and Orlando. Our Orlando office is growing and we are looking for a Civil Engineering Project Manager to join the team! Some of the duties of this position include:
- Coordinates all aspects of multiple projects including, but not limited to: Design of storm water management systems, pumping systems, roadways/turn lanes and offsite improvements.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for client(s) and is responsible for maintaining client satisfaction to build larger portfolio of projects with those clients.
- Demonstrates capability to provide full support to permitting department by filling out applications, contacting agencies during permit reviews, responding to comments and assisting in the certification process.
- Maintains Interplan standards and provides quality control throughout the project(s).
- Anticipates problems and quickly and creatively solves them as they arise.
- Writes draft proposals for client projects for review and approval by the Director. Input on project budget will be required during proposal stage and the budget should be monitored during monthly billing. Adjustments should be made as needed to complete the project within the allotted budget.
- Prepares project budget sheet and assigns project numbers upon receipt of signed proposal.
- Evaluates and implements revisions from clients, contractors and agency reviewers.
- Reviews contractor shop drawings and coordinates necessary revisions with the contractor.
- Updates status reports and scheduling reports, in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with the Permitting Department for initiating project kick-off meetings and quality review of site investigation reports.
- Coordinates with the Landscape Department, MEP Department and Structural Department for landscape plans, irrigation plans, site lighting plans and retaining wall design. Consideration should be given as to whether these services were included in the original project budget. All additional services should be reported to the Director immediately.
- Insures quality control of projects by providing final review of the drawings prior to submittal and initialing each set of the drawings. An additional set of drawings should be submitted for Q.C. review for initial submittals or any resubmittal that significantly revises the site design. Use your discretion when it comes to resubmittal QC reviews; feel comfortable that the design has not been significantly impacted by revisions.
- Writes design reports for projects including, but not limited to the following: storm water management systems, sanitary sewer lift stations, hydraulic analysis of water systems, hydraulic grade line analysis of storm water collection systems and trip generation studies.
- Provide project cost estimates as required for clients or agency reviews. All cost estimates should be approved by the Director.
- Attends meetings as necessary including, but not limited to the following: individual reviewer meetings, pre-application meetings, DRC, TRC, P&Z, BOCC, neighborhood meetings and construction kick-off meetings.
- Assist in construction administration services including site visits, answering contractor RFI’s and reviewing shop drawings.
- Provides training to other staff members working on assigned projects.
- Provides marketing services to existing and potential clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are looking for someone to grow with the company and have a path of development to support all candidates. This position is a supervisory level position that is accountable for maintaining multiple projects within the Civil Engineering Department as well as training staff members working on those projects and will be a full-time in office position.
Qualifications & Prior Experience
- Professional Engineer’s license
- 6-10 years of professional experience
- A full understanding of the land development process from conceptual phase to construction administration and certifications required
- A varied amount of technical, people, managerial and business skills required
- Experience in managing clients and maintaining a significant volume of work with little input from the Director required
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, are required
Compensation & Benefits
- Open and collaborative work environment
- Continuing Education and Professional Development
- Lunch & Learn Seminars
- Active employee lead activities committee
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability and employer paid Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Flex Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health and Wellness Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k with Employer Match, Financial Advisor for employees on ongoing Financial Wellness Education
- Performance based Bonus Program