The substitute teacher performs the instructional and classroom management processes for a teacher who is absent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and times designated.
- Creates a classroom that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Maintains a safe and orderly environment.
- Maintains established routine of the school and classroom procedures.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains reasonable rules of conduct which encourage self-discipline and responsibility Provides classroom instruction to students as outlined in lesson plans.
The Substitute Teacher accepts without verbal or mental reservations the Educational Philosophy and Mission of Wheaton Academy as outlined in the Statement of Faith and is committed to upholding them. The Substitute Teacher shall follow a Christian lifestyle and shall maintain a Christian church affiliation whose fundamental beliefs are in alignment with the Statement of Faith of this school. The teacher affirms that, as part of the qualifications for this position, he/she is a "born again" Christian who knows the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior.
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent from an accredited, four-year college. The individual should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and enjoy a challenge. Working with a minimal amount of supervision, within general guidelines, is typical of the individual’s work. The ability to proactively solve programs, work effectively with variety of students, and handle confidential information appropriately are pre-requisites.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.