Currently seeking a candidate to fill our Regional Operation Manager position. Regional operations managers will perform various functions to be able to effectively oversee the activities of all Dixie Carpet branches.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate, monitor, and manage inventory of branches
- Improve regional processes, policies, and practices to achieve company’s goals and ensure regional branches adhere to company-wide laid down rules and guidelines
- Help improve the efficiency of support services like communication channels and IT; and ensure free flowing communication amongst the branches
- Work together with top management (serving as a link between them and the individual branches) to develop and implement new plans/ideas that will enhance the operations of the company at large
- Aid in the training of warehouse staff, evaluate staff performance
- Check on individual branches to make sure they are stocked and operational
- Discipline local managers who go against company work ethics and retrench workers who tend to embark on procedures that are detrimental to company activities
- Give feedback on how the entire region functions to senior managers on a regular basis to ensure that company general activities flow in agreement.
- Analyze and support quarterly inventories
- Extensive travel to different branches
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Supervise and train local managers and warehouse staff.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have prior flooring experience
- Good decision-making ability/skill. ROM must have the ability to make good decisions in little or no time; this is basically because he/she is the link between top management and the local individual managers
- Good analytical skills required for tackling problems that may come up daily
- Effective communication skills are also of significant importance for this role, in a bid to pass messages/information across all frontiers to ensure quality delivery in the company
- Ability to work as part of a team is especially important because a good ROM will work with a lot of people to be able to achieve required results
- Excellent leadership skills are needed from every ROM. Has to be able to always motivate employees
- Time management skill is also very necessary for the ROM job to be able to meet deadlines and display efficiency
- 5-7 years industry relevant experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to travel to and from different branches; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel to different branches
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.