Fairstead is a vertically integrated real estate company specializing in affordable and mixed-income housing. Since 2014, Fairstead has acquired and/or developed more than $4 Billion of multifamily property across the country, and today owns a portfolio of 16,500 apartments in 18 states. The company’s comprehensive platform provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design and construction, energy and sustainability, property management and social services.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services.
With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values
The Service Manager will supervise the repair and maintenance of property buildings. This position will ensure the timely installation of mechanical equipment and upkeep of Fairstead’s property in order to ensure operational effectiveness. The Service Manager will oversee operational efficiency of all electrical equipment and mechanical systems through inspection and repair. This position will ensure that property’s premises and facilities are kept clean and hygienic in alignment with Fairstead safety policies and standards.
At the direction of the Community Manager, the Service Manager is directly responsible for the following:
- Perform a wide variety of skilled maintenance and repair tasks requiring knowledge of one or more building trades
- Knowledge of tools, techniques, and terminology of building and mechanical trades.
- Strong knowledge for accident and safety precautions which generally apply to building and mechanical trades
- Operation of equipment and skills in the operation of electrical and mechanical equipment and hand tools appropriate to the assigned task and trade.
- Proficient in a specific trade with general maintenance and repair skills
- Work independently on routine projects and receive assistance for more complex projects.
- Occasional need to work overtime or be called into work on special projects or emergencies.
- Supervision of other maintenance employees and a leadership position on projects.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years’ experience in property maintenance
- Strong Communication Skills- written and oral
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and complete projects under time sensitive deadlines
- Organizational skills and detail- oriented
- Friendly and respectful demeanor
- Microsoft Office skills
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly rate: $25.00 - $26.00 per hour
- Overtime eligible
- Generous employer contribution for medical and dental
- Employer paid vision
- 15 PTO
- 7 Sick Days
- Generous holiday schedule
- Paid maternity leave
- 401k plan
- Flex spending accounts
- Life insurance coverage
- Commuter benefits
- Long term disability
- Nationwide pet insurance