Job title: Activities Program Manager
Reports to: Director of Program
The mission of Sandy Cove Ministries is to help people connect with God and each other in order to be transformed into the image of Christ, through His Word, His creation and community.
Position Summary: Direct all of Sandy Cove Ministries activities and recreational programming; assist ongoing development, coordination and implementation of Sandy Cove programs.
Position Purpose: Provide leadership support to program department that leads to an enjoyable and safe experience for Sandy Cove guests so that they can connect with God and each other.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- High School Diploma
- 5+ years’ experience in related program and activities position(s)
- First aid/CPR certification
- Have or the ability to obtain Certified Pool Operator (CPO) and Lifeguarding certification credentials
- Challenge course certification and/or experience
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Oversee all activities and recreation sites for Sandy Cove programs and groups
- Develop and implement age and setting appropriate activities for a variety of sized groups
- Provide leadership support to staff which includes hiring, training, scheduling, facilitating, and evaluating team staff members
- Coordinate and communicate with different departments to ensure advertised and requested activities are available for guests
- Properly train staff on safety guidelines, activity procedures, and keep them up to date with any revolving changes
- Maintain activity areas and equipment for the safety of guests and staff
- Plan, staff and prepare for Summer Family Camp Activities
- Plan, staff and prepare for Catapult Father/Son weekends (2x/year)
- Provide oversight for Marsh Day Camp program
- Maintain a budget for activities and staffing expenses
- Perform all other reasonable duties as assigned
Essential skills and experience:
- Innovation and creativity
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work well independently as well as on a team
Reporting to this position: Aquatics Manager, Marina Manager, Activities Specialists, Seasonal Activities Manager, Director of the Marsh Day Camp
Physical demands of work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, see, talk or hear. You will be on your feet for long periods of time and will be working in outdoors. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment ranges from a normal office environment to outdoor seasonal weather prevalent at the time. Outdoor setting includes working on and near open bodies of water, and working with chemicals that require using PPE.