Do you wish to advance your career as an electrician? Are you a detail oriented electrician who enjoys working on commercial construction projects? If you are an experienced electrician looking to expand your career with a family oriented company, we want you on our team! The Journeyman Electrician for Lynn Electric plans layouts, installs, and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment for our commercial and industrial clients. You are a natural leader and enjoy working with teams and training apprentices.
Benefits: We pay your health insurance!
• Journeyman Electrician starting pay is commensurate with experience and ranges from $20.00 to $25.00 per hour
• Lynn Electric pays 100% of the premiums for the following benefits:
• Employee Only Health Insurance
• Long-term Disability insurance
• Group Life Insurance
Additional benefits available include:
• Health insurance for additional family members
• 401(k) & 401(k) match
• Short-term Disability Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays (Including Birthdays)
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
- Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit.
- Pulls wiring through conduit.
- Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads, twisting or soldering wires together, and applying tape or terminal caps.
- Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
- Connects power cables to equipment, such as electric range or motor, and installs grounding leads.
- Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer, and oscilloscope.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Repairs faulty equipment or systems.
- Cuts and assembles steel structural members.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or GED and at least 4 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of both
- Successful completion of the Electrical Apprenticeship Program and Journeyman’s license required
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check
Lynn Electric began its journey in 1977 wiring houses for local Homebuilders. Over the last 30+ years, LE has grown into one of the premier electrical contractors in the Lawrence and Kansas City metro area. Our depth of services has grown to include commercial/industrial new construction, design/build services, predictive/preventative electrical maintenance, a 24-hour service department, and most recently, a full service excavating and trenching division. Despite the changes that come with growth, technology and the times in general, our core values have remained the same.
Customer * Employees * Opportunities
- We commit to making it easy to do business with Lynn Electric
- We will be positive, upbeat, and have fun
- We will maintain profitability by being efficient
- We will create opportunities for individual financial success based on performance
Our vision is to be the preferred electrical contractor in the Lawrence and Kansas City metro area, based on our values, performance and operational efficiency.