United Way of Salt Lake (UWSL) is bringing together powerful partnerships to build lasting social change in our community. We envision an inclusive community where all people achieve their human potential. Our workplace is fast-paced, progressive, innovative, friendly, and adaptive. At UWSL we believe in celebrating success, learning from failure, and setting ambitious goals. The partnerships we’re building are achieving social change. Our wages are competitive, the benefits package is comprehensive, and perks like flexible schedules and staff retreats make every day unique.
The Events Intern will be an essential member of the Marketing Department. This position works under the Events Marketing Director, with a primary responsibility to assist with creating and implementing all organizational events. We are a collaborative, high-energy, and creative team looking for an intern who can take the leading role in creating and implementing during our spring/summer event season. This opportunity is ideal for students who are majoring in marketing or communications or students with career goals in events management, volunteer management, or nonprofit management. This is a part time temporary position.
- Assist the Events Marketing Director with event support including all event logistics, management of volunteers, securing in-kind donations and/or vendors, event documentation, and day of event management, especially the Power of Your Purse gala (May 2023) and Promise Partnership Block Party (June 2023)
- Assist the Events Marketing Director in obtaining silent and live auction items for Power of Your Purse
- Assist with the registration process
- Volunteer management
- Support effective data entry and tracking of individuals and groups
- Other event-related tasks, as needed
- This is a temporary position from November 2022-June 2023, part- time, 20 hrs/week with the potential to work extra hours upon approval, with the potential for additional hours the week of the event; other date ranges may be available. A working schedule will be determined with the Events Marketing Director.
- Pay: $15 - 18/hour.
- Flexible schedule, including ability to work some early morning and evenings
- Must be able to work on the event date(s) above
- Experience using Microsoft Office, or similar, programs
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently in oral and written formats
- Willingness to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Must have access to reliable transportation to travel to and transport event materials within Project management or event experience preferred
The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly, and exchange accurate information interpersonally or through communication devices. Must be able to learn new systems and procedures, prepare and analyze data and figures; constantly operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The position requires occasional movement throughout the office to access files, papers, or move supplies weighing up to 25lbs. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.