Since 1938, the Ackermann Group has a long history in real estate development and property management that has continued to grow and thrive in the Midwest region. Our guiding principles of collaboration, commitment to a personal approach, and delivering above expectations are paramount to who we are as an organization. We believe in and are dedicated to our employees, creating opportunities for residents to connect with their neighbors and broader community, and giving back to the communities we serve. The Ackermann Group invests in passionate individuals who want to be a part of a vibrant and community-focused culture.
What We're Looking For:
Ackermann Group is seeking a full time Maintenance Technician candidate to join their team at the Fairway Lakes Apartments, a community in Westerville, Ohio. This is a full-time maintenance technician position, Monday through Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, with emergency on-call rotation as designated by the Property Manager.
Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Trouble-shooting service issues that residents encounter including – HVAC, general appliance work, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- Ensure the completion of all market-ready apartments, emergency and non-emergency service requests, various maintenance activities, and community inspections.
- You’ll work with other members of the maintenance team to ensure that both the inside and the exterior of the property meet company standards.
- Respond to maintenance work orders, follow up with residents and office staff, and work in an on-call rotation.
The ideal Maintenance Technician candidate will have:
- At least one year of related experience that demonstrates broad knowledge of general maintenance and exceptional attention to detail.
- HVAC certification a plus!
- The job requires you to have a valid driver’s license with proof of insurance. Must be able to pass a background check and have a positive, team oriented attitude.
Benefits + Perks:
- Competitive compensation + $1,000 sign-on bonus!
- Benefits including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off and holidays, 401k with match
- Rent discount
- Career coaching and development
- Company Engagement Events
- Dynamic, high energy working environment