The Marketing Assistant functions as the department’s administrative support; assists in merchandising at store level to support retail store locations with accurate up to date pricing/merchandise tags and other point of sale (POS) materials. This role is also responsible for helping maintain an organized and clean sales floor and will include traveling to all locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate production, printing and installation of promotions, new products, price updates and in-store merchandising materials
- Produce on-going materials including but not limited to company business cards, merchandising tags for new stocking and special-order products and maintain current tags/forms on the internal website
- Maintain quality results by following and enforcing GF Brand standards.
- Enhance reputation for merchandising and organization by taking ownership of tasks, accomplishing new goals, and adding overall value to the team.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- College degree required
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Business or Management preferred
- Strong computer skills (Mac), Graphic Design experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator), and Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) preferred
- Ability to take direction, multi-task and follow up with outside vendors.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills; ability to maintain positive working relationships with vendors
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Superb Organizational Skills
- Strong Attention to Detail; thorough
- Excellent Time Management
- Client Focused
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for extended periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
- Overnight travel by car and/or air may be required on occasion.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.