Management Controls Inc. (MCi) is looking for an experienced UX/UI product designer to play a critical role in helping our design team shape the company’s future. The business is privately held, has been around for 28 years, services most of the Fortune 100, and is experiencing exponential growth, which will last into the next decade. In addition to the normal tech company benefits like stocked kitchens, an in-house gym, bonuses, and unlimited PTO. The company also offers 100% paid healthcare. So, if you want to work in place that takes care of you and those you love, values creativity, learning, and individual contribution think about joining the team. As part of the design team…
• Use tools of the craft like detailed wireframes, storyboards, customer journey maps, visual compositions, and prototypes to design holistic systems, flows, and interfaces that are simple, elegant, and beautiful.
• Turn insights gained from analytics, usability reports, and research studies into tangible design solutions.
• Provide guidance to members of the design team, constantly pushing the quality of our work.
• Collaborate with product management on all the details that make an experience delightful through the creation and maintenance of design systems and/or design languages, documentation, and interaction specifications.
• Manage time effectively and execute according to commitments.
• Apply a critical lens to your own work and the work of others.
• Demonstrate a team orientation by building rapport with creative teammates, and product managers.
• Clearly articulate complex ideas to both the internal teams and external clients.
• Lead mid-level project work from a design perspective with autonomy and authority, facilitating design studios and working sessions to help the teams deliver the best possible solutions.
• Continuously seek to be well-informed regarding new software and design concepts.
• Understand the process of business development and provide support by conducting relevant research, identifying key insights, and producing pitch materials with guidance from leadership.
• Contribute to team culture by demonstrating a positive attitude, team-oriented approach, leadership qualities, and openness to learning and feedback.
• Bachelor's degree required (Master’s degree preferred), with multidisciplinary background such as psychology, computer science, information sciences, and/or human/computer interface design.
• 5+ years of related industry experience in UX, product design, new media, information technology, communications, fintech, or analytics/information science.
• Effective communication skills, both orally and in a variety of written and diagrammatic forms.
• Proven interpersonal skills, client relation skills, and ability to work in a team environment.
• Proven track record of creative thinking and solving challenges with intuitive and engaging design solutions.
• Understanding and ability to produce the following deliverables: personas, storyboards, customer journey maps, ideation, concept models, user flows, mood-boards, site maps, high & low-fidelity prototypes, interactive protypes, wireframes, usability reports, and analytics.
• A thorough, detail-oriented, and highly organized working style with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
• Flexibility and adaptability to fast-paced and changing environments.
• A deep appreciation and understanding of user experience, including research, user-centered design techniques, information architecture, usability testing and applying it to create compelling digital experiences for large scale platforms.
• High proficiency in the use of tools such as Sketch, InVision, Principle, and Axure RP as well as PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Portfolio of work demonstrating creative thinking, problem solving, process, and quality spanning various digital platforms.
• Expertise and experience with process/business analysis, software development, large scale projects, documentation for code development, personalization, and modular design systems.
• Familiarity/experience working with WCAG 2.0 A/AA standards.
• Ability to actively learn and embrace new ideas and concepts.
• Master’s Degree from accredited College or University.
• Extensive experience with cloud-based products and mobile applications.
• UX certification for design professionals (examples include Nielsen Norman Group, GeneralAssemb.ly, Human Factors International, Cal. State Fullerton Certification in User Experience and Customer-Centered Design, etc.)
• An online portfolio with relevant examples.