NJI is a wildly creative and strategically disciplined agency with offices in London, Washington, D.C., and Singapore. We work seamlessly across teams and time zones to align and deliver for our clients.
We seek a visionary to join our US office as an art director. The right candidate can develop fearless, un-ignorable creative concepts that help solve our clients’ business problems. They are a multi-faceted maven with chops across a wide suite of creativity: print, web, OOH, and even augmented reality. Furthermore, they are a trusted guardian of brands, budget, and time; and a traveler at heart--ready to work with an international team and transcend borders.
This ideal candidate knows how to make the complex, simple: both for our policy-driven clients, and our creative team. They have a passion for nurturing talent and know exactly how to get the best out of anyone. They are pragmatic and take joy in streamlining. They are a maestro at making design systems that are sustainable, and ambitious.
NJI creates to influence public policy at a global level, with offices in London, Washington D.C., and Singapore. As a multidisciplinary agency we work across teams and time zones to deliver. The creative team at NJI handles the nuanced, complex world of big policy, big tech, and nonprofits. We believe that creativity can transform perceptions, foster conversation, and shape policies that change the world. We are not a product shop, but a change shop.
This art director role requires special patience and passion for working with policymakers and policy-oriented collateral, and challenging topics like human rights, advanced recycling, pharmaceuticals, and human trafficking. This candidate will work with a portfolio of clients inclusive of associations, nonprofits, and a large tech giant. Experience with clients in the pharmaceutical, or global technology platforms is a bonus.
This is a remote-based position, with preference in the EST timezone and DMV area. This role will be collaborating closely with the US headquarters and reporting to the Global Vice President of Creative in Washington D.C. Candidate should be comfortable with potential travel into Headquarters for client meetings.
- Work closely and cross-departmentally through all the phases of the process of a project
- Manage a small team of mid-level designers and freelancers.
- Develop creative solutions that can be effectively applied to a wide range of tactics, including digital advertising concepts and layout (banners, paid social video and static, rich media, etc.), print ads, poster and outdoor, event or non-traditional tactics, logo design and branding,, collateral systems, presentations and storytelling digital interfaces (web, app, etc.), UI and UX design.
- Experience in Video and/or TV.
- Simultaneously accomplish a range of complex assignments with overlapping timelines and time zones, never sacrificing quality or commitment to excellence.
- Build keynote decks and other materials needed for presentations.
- Present to clients and offer sound counsel, and smart judgment.
- 2+ Years agency experience
- 2+ years experience managing designers and contractors
- Creative-Enabler: you know how to foster creativity within a project, and take pride in the management of talent, both in-house and externally.
- Team-Builder: You have a passion for people and helping them grow. You have 2+ years of experience in managing, and providing sound counsel through the ups and downs of an employee’s career.
- Astute Aesthetics: you have sound taste and an amazing portfolio of proven success across a range of both digital and print mediums.
- Talk-the-Talk: You have brilliant interpersonal skills. You know how to adapt your communication across teams, whether it be design, development, or video. You don’t just understand the big picture, but the jargon in the details.
- Client-Focused: You make clients feel heard, inspired, and transcended in your conversations. You have participated in pitches, workshops, or lectures that empower clients and give them better design tools.
- Growth-Mindset: You find opportunity in challenges. NJI is a fast-paced, growing business across the globe, which means constantly re-evaluating how we operate. We’re seeking a partner thrilled to contribute to that growth.
- Process-Guru: you have proven success in scaling and improving large, multi-faceted projects. You know how to streamline every phase of a creative project from research and ideation through refinement and delivery.
Work Hard Where You Are.
Part of our secret sauce is knowing that good talent can live anywhere. We actively encourage individuals to apply from across the country. NJI has U.S. team members located coast to coast as part of our HQ team based in Washington, D.C. From farmers to urban foragers, trapeze artists to Mario Kart fanatics, we have colleagues with diverse interests and addresses. This position is remote-eligible, and NJI maintains a hybrid/remote work policy for all offices. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
We think of cover letters more in the old-fashioned pen pal sense. So, keep the job summary and skills list in your resume, and write something that personally expresses who you are and what draws you to NJI and this role.
Authenticity is the foundation of boundless creativity. Rooted in diverse life experiences, our team challenges the status quo through our work and culture every day. We are committed to sustaining and improving NJI's inclusive workplace by actively expanding the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If our team is interested in moving forward with your application, a member of our staff will reach out via an @njimedia.com email address with more information about the next steps. We will not ask candidates to communicate via platforms such as Telegram, WhatsApp, Wire, etc.