Interfaith America is a national nonprofit organization based in Chicago. We believe that religious diversity is a foundational American strength, and we are building a nation that achieves that promise for the common good. Our mission is to inspire, equip, and connect organizations and leaders to unlock the potential of America’s religious diversity. We leverage our expertise in interfaith leadership in different sectors and spaces in American life, such higher education, health, public policy, racial equity, corporations/business, tech - giving leaders and institutions the tools and resources they need to positively engage religious diversity for the common good.
At Interfaith America, we are ever adapting and changing. We look for people who set audacious goals and love that one workday may not be like the next. We are committed to supporting work at the intersection of racial equity and interfaith cooperation. We believe in the essential contributions of countless religious and secular traditions that affirm dignity and justice for every human being. We are utilizing our interfaith leadership to contribute to the transformation of America into the promise of what it can be but has not yet been. We seek to attract and retain a team of staff comprised of the diverse identities we need to achieve our vision, including minority religious groups and people of color.
You are energized by the opportunity to support interfaith leaders in action! You are someone who thrives in a fast-paced, adaptable environment where one day won’t look like the next. You are organized, love to get things done and have a reputation of completing tasks on time and with the highest-level of accuracy. You hold yourself and your work to a high bar of excellence and take personal responsibility for achieving your goals and supporting those of our colleagues.
This role will support the administrative functions of the Marketing & Communications (MC) team with some executive assistant responsibilities to support the Director of Marketing & Communications. This position will require the ability to balance and prioritize multiple ongoing projects.
- Schedule meetings with both internal staff and external partners; prepare materials for meetings; take notes and provide meeting summaries
- Prepare reimbursement requests for the Director
- Manage travel logistics for the director including making travel arrangements and preparing materials for director’s work trips, conferences, and other events
- Compile MC project status information for the weekly staff update email
- Oversee the inventory of IA branded materials and collateral in the Chicago office
- Receive MC packages/deliveries in the Chicago office
- Submit vendor bills to our accounting department for payment
- Do credit card reconciliation for the accounting department for MC team related items
- Manage logistics for small in office meetings including catering, video conference set up and meeting space
- Maintain and cleanse our Salesforce mailing lists, ensuring people are sorted onto appropriate mailing lists according to the data they have provided
- Pull data reports from Salesforce
- Compile data and manage internal tracking systems
- Clean data spreadsheets to upload into Salesforce
- Compile, collate, and analyze marketing & communications reports
- Upload and save documents
Editing Materials and Communication:
- Proofread and copyedit materials
- Create and format presentations in PowerPoint
- Prepare application materials for the marketing & communication team
- Communicate with external vendors in order to solicit or share required information
- Prepare mailing and file documents
Other duties as assigned
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple ongoing projects from multiple stakeholders
- Collaborative nature; flexibility and agility in problem-solving
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong competence in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); willing to learn and utilize organization-wide constituent relationship management software (Salesforce)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Authorization to work in the United States
- COVID-19 vaccination
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (not required)
- High level of religious literacy and fluency in diversity, pluralism, and inclusion
Hours: 40 hours per week, 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Compensation and Benefits: $22 per hour plus free medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance for employee-only coverage. Those who wish to cover their dependents can contribute through payroll for dependent health coverage. Generous time off policies that include paid time off, floating holidays, fixed holidays, sick leave and paid parental leave.
Supervisor: Director of Marketing & Communications
Location: This position will work 2-3 days per week from our Chicago Loop office 141 W. Jackson Blvd. suite #3200 Chicago, IL 60604 and 2-3 days per week from home
Application deadline: December 4, 2022
Application: please upload your resume and a cover letter that indicates why you want to work at Interfaith America
This position requires the ability, with or without reasonable accommodation, to: maintain regular attendance in our Chicago Loop office; work cooperatively with others; adhere to IA personnel policies and safety rules; sit and/or stand for extended periods of time; operate standard office equipment, including computers, telephones, photocopiers, and projectors; communicate orally, in writing, and via computers and digital devices; and requires close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures, transcribe, view a computer terminal and other office equipment.
IA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Reasonable accommodation will be provided as needed to enable qualified applicants with a disability to participate in pre-employment procedures.